Author Topic: having babies in fethiye hospitals?  (Read 3575 times)

Offline lisa ann

having babies in fethiye hospitals?
« on: April 18, 2008, 16:43:22 PM »
hiya

im just looking for some information on having my baby in esnaf hospital or the normal goverment one.is there any other english women who have had there babies here and can give me a bit of information on what its like to give birth in these hospitals?? and how much it would be if i went to esnaf to have the baby??

thank you lisa x:D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 16:54:29 PM »
Wow - some first post! Welcome Lisa. Can I ask how far you are into your pregnancy? Not because it makes any difference - just being nosey  :)

I'm sure some of the ladies will be able to answer your question.

Offline lisa ann

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 18:24:19 PM »
hiya!!

iv been a member on here befor but had to join again because it wouldnt let me sigh on!!

im only 2 month but time goes fast so thats why iam asking now hehe!!

hope someone can help me thank you
lisaxx

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 18:32:23 PM »
why don't you pop in and ask they will have the best advice you need

Offline MagicalGarden

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 18:38:37 PM »
Hi Lisa Ann I have a little boy who is 3 years old and a little girl who is 4 months old. They were both born at Esnaf hospital.
The pregnancy check-ups were great and very through. I went every month, then fortnightly towards the end. The Dr spoke a little English but an interpreter is always present. Each month I had a scan, weight check, blood pressure, sometimes urine test. He was always happy to chat about any worries or concerns I had. It was about 40ytl. My son was born by emergency c/section as I developed problems at 8 months and I chose to have my daughter by c/section. Both times it was great, very professional, relaxed, despite my limited language I never felt worried about having the children at the Esnaf.

One thing I have heard is that there are no translators in the state hospital and not many of the Dr's can speak good English.
 We worked out the whole pregnancy from the 1st appointment until I left with my little girl last December cost about 900 pounds. That included extra treatment as I was ill and had a couple of trip's to a bigger hospital in Antalya for treatment. Also a c/section is dearer than a normal birth.
Any questions do feel free to as I will PM you so you have my email. Let me know if you get my PM as they were not working the other day.

Elaine
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 18:41:20 PM by MagicalGarden »

Offline lisa ann

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 19:02:10 PM »
hi elaine

thanks for your brill information!! yes iv got ur pm adress iv sent you one back!!

thank you everyone!!

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 21:21:24 PM »
 :)Funny when I first read this post I thought, i hope Elaine is reading this, then hey presto, hope you feel reasured Lisa and good luck ;)

Offline minimoo

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 07:27:33 AM »
Hi, I also had my youngest son in the esnaf in 2006. Originally I was intending to have him at the government hospital, but the doctor spoke very little english, and I was also informed that I would not be able to have anyone in the delivery room with me, not even my mum. The other reason I decided not to use this hospital was that they were pushing me to have a c-section, and I did not want one unless I had to.

We changed to the esnaf a few weeks before my son was due. The doctor was very friendy and spoke excellent english, and the added bonus was that my husband was allowed into the delivery room.
The monthly ante-natel checks were also cheaper at esnaf. 70ytl a month for the doctor at the government hospital, 40ytl a month for the esnaf, and I received exactly the same service.

I think we paid just under 2000ytl when my son was born, that was for a natural birth and 2 nights in the special care unit for my son. A c-section is more expensive though.

Just one warning though, the only form of pain relief available is the epidural. It is not possible to get gas and air or pethedine here.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 23:32:56 PM »
Ooh I have never given birth in Turkey only the UK never had an epidural as was adamant I did not want that, but the pethidine and gas and air are brilliant pain relievers to get you through the hardest parts, it seems a shame these are not available in Turkey.Although you may not need anything at all, my second son was born in 10 minutes and was a completley natural birth without even a wiff of gas and air or pethidine!

Offline crystalgirl

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 18:13:55 PM »
hi
I hope you are going on well with your pregnancy, and have found a good doctor.  Unfortunately I can't recommend my doctor to you as he has moved away to marmaris now.  I had my daughter 3 years ago in Calis Devlet hospital.  My hubbie wasn't allowed to be present for the birth, and I chose to have a c section.  It was all a bit scary, and I was quite pleased at the time that I wasn't having a natural birth, becuase the nurses didn't speak any english, if I was redoing the whole saga, I would of kept my orgianl lady doctor, and had a natural birth at a private hospital, with hubbie present.  Anyway, sorry standtracked...I had the c section, but no epidural-as in england, and I was forced out of bed on the same day, which I though was a bit hard, but on the 2nd day I was up and dressed, and only on paracetamol for the pain.  I went the same day, but this isn't the norm.  The good thing about Calis was that I had my own room and bathroom, I believe we paid one fee of 80 lira, but it was well worth it.  Oh yes, and the nurses are mad on breast feeding here!!!  Anyway if you would like anymore info etc, please do fell free to send me a PM, so hope all goes well with your pregnancy and that you enjoy being a mother.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf