Author Topic: I give up!  (Read 1897 times)

Offline Bybell

• Newcastle, UK
I give up!
« on: June 25, 2008, 12:22:11 PM »
When in Turkey we use a Turkish mobile - cost, etc.

In the UK: We can visit 2 or 3 times a year, so there are often gaps of more than 6 months.  I realised Turkcell would switch us of so I thought I would top up online. Found out I would need a superpin but can only get one by texting them. No phone service in UK. Stymied.

In Turkey: Got a superpin (and international roaming!).

In the UK: Turkcell website in English on front page but only Turkish on every window you open. They seemed to be prompting for something else. Tried three times and got locked out. No response to email queries through their site.

Friend in Turkey: Found out we have to have another pin from a Turkish bank, which presumably means another credit card. Can I top up online with a kontor card? Yes, but I need a bank pin. Stymied.

Why??? I'm only trying to buy some units, for heaven's sake, like I do here all the time!

I really believe they have an employee dedicated to complicating everything as much as possible. Don't they want foreigners to use their service?

Harry (gnashing teeth).
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 13:49:53 PM by Anne »

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
I give up!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 21:29:24 PM »
If you have int. roaming & superpin you can top up with a normal top up card from uk.

Offline Bybell

• Newcastle, UK
I give up!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 15:21:51 PM »
Hi Bewva

That's what I thought but Turkcell have told my friend that a second pin from a Turkish bank is needed, both for credit card and top up card.

If you look at the Turkcell website, it goes on about "2222" which I think refers to a pin?  I can't make head or tail of it but would appreciate it if you or anyone else could explain it, please.  Here is the link

https://visas.turkcell.com.tr/amserver/UI/Login?locale=tr&goto=https://csi.turkcell.com.tr/csi/rechargeCounter3D?csiEntranceId=0102

Harry

Offline Bybell

• Newcastle, UK
I give up!
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 15:25:07 PM »
Re last post, it only links to the Turkcell homepage.  If you click "buy units" at the top, it takes you to what I was talking about.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf