Author Topic: How not to renew your Visa  (Read 3675 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
How not to renew your Visa
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 15:19:17 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by KayaKoyuOldBoy

But, in Turkey, 3 months is always 90 days as far as visa validity is concerned.

Anyone thinking different will find out their cost of they try to exit after 91 or 92 days.

We have 2 friends who returned to the UK on 22nd July and had been here for 91 days. They were fined 110 YTL each by the Pasaport Polis at Dalaman.

So what is Lance on about then? If 3 months in Turkey is always 90 days (for visas) then what's the difference? 90 days = 3 months.

Lance - I'm not on your back - you'd know about it if I was ;)

Offline brianthegardener

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 19:49:35 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tel

With your luck, maybe you should consider a residency. Were you the reason the Rhodes "Flying (not) Poseidon" went out of action for a long time last Summer?  LOL
90 days comes around far to quick for me to contemplate all that bother.
I wonder on these trips how well you are covered with insurance, let alone life jackets etc.

Probably was my fault the " flying (not) poseidon" went out of action....i get blamed for most things in life....with my track record who would blame me.....Brian syndrom DOES exist, lol

Offline Linda1953

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 08:35:03 AM »
Glad to read this thread.  

I want to pass on my recent experience with my visa in Kas last week.    

My last visa was renewed in Bulgaria on 20th JUNE.  The visa stamp I got had USA dollars on it which I thought was odd at the time but never thought anything more about it.  

As I was coming to the Fethiye area to collect the rest of my things I thought to save me the awful Bulgarian run and so I would kill two birds etc...........

Phoned Selo - ok no problem see you 10.30 Kas. Warm welcome off Selo like an old friend. :DGave in passport.  Went back to tea garden Selo comes in shouting my name all over the place much to my embarrassment in front of other ex pats and roaring my visa is 12 days overdue!!! :-\The POLICE want to see you! I said to the other people around the tables its actually 12 days UNDER not OVER.:D  I was flabbergasted!! :o

I followed Selo who was ranting down to the his little desk by his boat and he said your VISA IS 12 DAYS OVERDUE!! YOU HAVE TO PAY 190 LIRA NOW OR YOU ARE OUT OF THIS COUNTRY FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS!![:(!] I kept saying you are wrong but it fell on deaf ears.  I said to Selo can I speak to you in PRIVATE he said NO! :o  Just then the old robbin git: :) that tried to sting me for 50 euros on my first trip rode up on his bike with my passport(apparently hes been promoted now from robbin git : :)to captain of a visa run boat) he put it on the desk and kept banging his finger down on my passport pointing to the stamp saying MAYIS MAYIS YOU CAME MAYIS.[:(!]I turned to Selo and said how can this be??.... :o :o..........he said the police say its on the computer that you came here in MAY..... Er no I said that is JUNE  8)- it's VI not V. [^] He would not have any of it.  Selo pointed to the Visa stamp and said that is a TURKISH VISA STAMP you have been given  :o- I said What!!?? with dollars on it??  You must pay the 190 lira he said or dont do your visa now but if you are 15 days over then you will be deported!! : :)Eh???(he ran around like his arse was on fire)- well I was absolutely gobsmacked  :oso I said to Selo that I was in currently in Istanbul and the reasons why......and why would I be here on an expired visa????[:o)]....etc.......he made a phone call and suddenly everything was all ok?! [|)]

All I got after that was sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry.............needless to say Im applying for residency now but I have heard various stories that they are getting meaner at the borders and frightening people into parting with money unecessarily.

A girl on my last bulgarian run had to pay 300 lira when she was 10 MINUTES over her visa.  My other colleague got told they assumed she was working because this was her 2nd trip over and could she show them her work permit.  She WAS staying with a boyfriend so why did they ask her for her work permit. Scare tactics is the order of the day now so beware.  They will try and get you on the tiniest discrepancy on your visa.  In my case it was a clear V and a rather faded I next to it.  

I was astonished the behaviour of SELO! but I suppose in fairness to him he could lose his business but it annoyed me that Ive been doing that run for the last 2 years or more and he took it as read that I was trying to pull a fast one and using him to do it.

But I wont be going on his runs again. 8) 8)

Brian there must also be Linda syndrome.:D That other captain on the boat is a cheat if its the same one you went on and the same thing happened to me I got shunted to another boat (his) but came back on Selo's boat because I didnt want to stay until 3pm in Maice.  

It seems they got to put someone through hell just to set an example to the rest of the visa runners and you and I were IT!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 08:50:42 AM by Linda1953 »

Offline starman

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 19:57:18 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Linda1953
A girl on my last bulgarian run had to pay 300 lira when she was 10 MINUTES over her visa.  My other colleague got told they assumed she was working because this was her 2nd trip over and could she show them her work permit.  She WAS staying with a boyfriend so why did they ask her for her work permit. Scare tactics is the order of the day now so beware.  They will try and get you on the tiniest discrepancy on your visa.  In my case it was a clear V and a rather faded I next to it.  

what tree did you just fall out of?

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 20:36:55 PM »
Starman - I love your posts. I really do, straight down the line tell it how it is, but always informative:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf