Author Topic: Home owner's  (Read 1961 times)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Home owner's
« on: September 15, 2008, 10:25:03 AM »
Hi a question was asked but have not seen a reply it was if you have owned a home for more than 5 years are you automatically given residency ,and also i have heard about people  who do all the running about for you for a fee ,i know they do it for other things
but no mention of residency.
                           lance

Offline Diverbaz 1

Home owner's
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 10:38:37 AM »
No and Yes

Baz 8)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Home owner's
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 10:40:28 AM »
Never heard of that one Lance, havent you got a good Turkish friend who will go round the offices with you?
it will take a couple of days with a little help.

Tinx

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Home owner's
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 12:11:10 PM »
The application for residency is not easier if you have had a property for 5 years, although you can get someone to do the majority of the running around for you at a price. Are you getting confused with dual nationality?

For dual nationality, you need to be RESIDENT for 5 years with a break of no more than six months (in one go, not totalled), and there is a procedure you have to go to which includes you going to discuss your application with a panel. It is not something that someone else can do for you.

Now, if you have dual nationality, you don't need residency permission anymore...

Ownership of a property for any length of time has no relevance

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Home owner's
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 12:32:03 PM »
Apart from not having to do the trip to Rhodes or Mais every 3 months and being able to get a phone line in your name what are the benefits of getting residency? Does it not cost more for residency over the standard 3 monthly visa.
Paul

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Home owner's
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 12:42:39 PM »
There are several reasons you may need it, although these have changed in recent times. You needed residency to buy a car, now I understand you don't. We need it because it is required for the kids schooling, but there are other reasons too. Initially I got it and Steph and the kids didn't (they weren't of school age then) and let me tell you, that 3 months doesn't half come round quickly - it became a pain to arrange to go to Rhodes or UK or indeed Meis.

Price wise, popping out of the country 4 times a year must work out a bit cheaper in money terms, but in time and inconvenience terms I am happier to pay for residency and forget it.

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
Home owner's
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 13:54:49 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

There are several reasons you may need it, although these have changed in recent times. You needed residency to buy a car, now I understand you don't. We need it because it is required for the kids schooling, but there are other reasons too. Initially I got it and Steph and the kids didn't (they weren't of school age then) and let me tell you, that 3 months doesn't half come round quickly - it became a pain to arrange to go to Rhodes or UK or indeed Meis.

Price wise, popping out of the country 4 times a year must work out a bit cheaper in money terms, but in time and inconvenience terms I am happier to pay for residency and forget it.

Specially the two in the off season, when the sea is very choppy and the wind blowing straight through you. Alan

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf