Author Topic: Dual Nationality  (Read 1959 times)

Offline my way

« on: September 28, 2008, 10:47:17 AM »
Hi,

Does anyone know the process of obtaining dual nationality and how to go about it?

Offline Harley

Dual Nationality
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 15:20:56 PM »
I always thought you could only  have the one nationality unless you get it at birth due to a parent being of foreign nationality.  I could be wrong though...  It happens occasionally  LOL

Offline minimoo

Dual Nationality
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 17:25:14 PM »
No in Turkey, if you have been married to a Turkish citizen for 3 years or more, you are allowed to apply for citizenship. I believe the first thing you need to do is pop along to the council office in the centre of Fethiye, and they will set the ball rolling for you, and tell you what you need. There is a spoken Turkish test involved also in order to obtain citizenship, and  am led to believe that the process can take 8 months or more. Once the kimlik is granted, you will then have dual nationality.

Offline my way

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 09:16:18 AM »
Thanks minimoo, but does that rely on me marrying a Turkish citizen?

I was led to believe that one could apply for dual nationality after holding a residence permit for at least five years?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Dual Nationality
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 09:21:21 AM »
That is correct Mr My way. 5 years continuous residency without being out of the country for a period of more than 6 months in one go. Marry a Turkish national if you like, it might be fun but it won't help you with this now  :)

Offline ECHOSTAR

• Uk and Sky Tv no Problem
Dual Nationality
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 10:51:06 AM »
you still can not apply straight away a citizen you will have to be married for aleast 3 years and still have to do the turkish interview there are two test  one is when you book the oral conversation test to see if your turkish is good enough to go in front of the board and the board the consist of the chief of police Mayor Govenor Head of Nufus
and a few other people, a total of 7 this is all happens in Mugla.
 This can take around 8 months from start to finish.

you can also apply to be a citizen on your six year of being a resident if you are not married to a turkish person or being single you will need a medical exam  and  some other paper work i am not to sure what is required again the oral test you will have to do this from Mugla. unless there has been any changes
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 21:27:59 PM by ECHOSTAR »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf