Author Topic: Chips, rice & Salad  (Read 2848 times)

Offline jasmine07

Chips, rice & Salad
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 20:04:30 PM »
I know exactly the restaurant you mean, Phil!!!!! I was just as disappointed with my dish. The entertainment( traditional turkish dancers ) and staff were lovely though!            
 When we stayed in Side a few years ago the manager at our appartments had an unfortunate lisp, so any dishes he recommended were served with chipth, rithe and thalad which has become a standing joke with us whenever we eat out in Turkey!:D

Offline pashka

• Sutton, Surrey, UK
Chips, rice & Salad
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 20:12:13 PM »
A restaurant owner asked us if we had any suggestions on how he could make any improvements and we told him that perhaps he should include fresh vegetables and not always serve rice,chips and salad. Maybe he'll take notice. Now if they served a risotto,as do Le Fiore, rice would be far more acceptable.
Pashka

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Chips, rice & Salad
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 21:14:12 PM »
chips you get about 5 and they are rock hard

Offline sugarybaba

Chips, rice & Salad
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 11:24:19 AM »
Had friends over for a week so last night for a farewell meal we went to Cafe Soul with them  They had eaten there before in the week and were well impressed
We had Beef Desti and our friends had Lamb Desti
It was served with roast wedge potatoes green beans, mushrooms, carrots,tomatoes, peppers (all fresh) and rice
Expensive treat for us but as they insisted on paying for us - even more of a treat !!
Meal and service was fab so thoroughly recommend it   :)

Offline SteveJ

Chips, rice & Salad
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2008, 12:06:23 PM »
Sugary,
Couldn't agree more - Cafe Soul is one of my favourite places to eat.

Offline sugarybaba

Chips, rice & Salad
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 22:03:26 PM »
SteveJ
As we live here, we dont "do the front" too often but when mates and family come over its a necessity
Have overlooked Cafe Soul for the last 3 years but now will go there if only 4 a cup of tea cay or coffee from now on
If I have to meet friends or foes for drinks or meals or both I now know where 2 go !!!  Sue  ;)

Offline georgiegirl

Chips, rice & Salad
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2008, 10:19:30 AM »
We went up to Hisaronu last night and had a lovely meal at the Nicholas Park Hotel.Two different main corses,steak and mixed Kebeb both served with rice,chips and guess what? Wrong Brussel Sprouts!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf