Author Topic: bank transfers  (Read 3913 times)

Offline shilly

bank transfers
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 20:12:38 PM »
we did it in the bank and not on the internet.i dont know what a swift code is im pressuming that its a number to get the transfer done more swiftly.Where would i obtain one of these? I think what has happened is that we have been charged on the actual amount of what was sent, there must be a percentage they charge .

Offline wallace

bank transfers
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2008, 06:20:18 AM »
I believe it makes a difference if you withdraw the money
immediatly rather than leaving it in the account for a period
of time

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
bank transfers
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2008, 06:57:56 AM »
You can obtain the swift codes from the banks, like I said earlier there was no percentage charge for us,just £10.

Offline grahamjw

bank transfers
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2008, 09:50:42 AM »
I transfer money from my HBOS account to my Garanti Bank account. HBOS charge me £19 to transfer, Granti charge me nothing to receive money.

Offline jo b

• Chandler's Ford, UK
bank transfers
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2008, 14:21:25 PM »
I have just done a tranfer today from my Lloyds TSB account to the Garanti Bank and been told it will cost £20 this end plus a £12 charge from the Turkish bank.This was to send £450.

Had to do this to forward money to our property management company as they said it would be cheaper than by credit card as that would cost us another 18% (£81 !!) has anyone else experienced that?

Offline shilly

bank transfers
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2008, 23:07:35 PM »
i dont know then tinkerman.we used exactley the same banks,i dont know what has happened.i dont think we are coming over until march now.maybe we could query it then with the bank.

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
bank transfers
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2008, 10:01:20 AM »
Hi everyone, I think there may be a few variations that are not clear.In my case I transfered sums of money from UK by HSBC.They charged a flat fee of £21 for each transfer.If you use the iban codes as apposed to the old swift system you can send it to any branch of any bank.Some banks do not include all their branches in the swift code system.This is the reason the example mentioned went to the head office in Istanbul it is then transfered within their system, to the relavant branch .If the money sent is going into your account to stay there as it were, there is usualy no charge,certainly not at the TEB.But if you are transfering money to pay bills you will then get the handling charge experienced.

Offline Tykatem

• Norfolk, UK
bank transfers
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2008, 12:25:50 PM »
Hi.......I asked First Direct (which is HSBC owned) for their charges to send international payments. They sent me an email saying that for a priority payment sent by SWIFT is:- £10 within the HSBC Group and £25 for all other banks.

Pete

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf