Author Topic: blood  (Read 3071 times)

Offline terrie

blood
« on: November 17, 2008, 15:47:57 PM »
Over the last 3 years we have been living here(turkey).there has been a few fatal car accidents,and non fatal ones...Also there has been quite a few hospital incidents and accidents That require blood...i'm getting to the point !...i've only just found out my blood group (i wonder how many people do know theirs)i know all turks do as its on their id cards..would it be an idea(with keiths permission)to have a register on here somewhere,where if we want to can post names and blood group..and if in an emergency would give blood..as i've heard that the hospitals do not keep much for their use.what do you think??

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
blood
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 16:15:10 PM »
terrie you can register your blood group with the hospital, they will take your details, address telephone no: etc good for rare groups.
if you are worried about screening, you can appoint relatives and friends.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
blood
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 16:42:40 PM »
Have it tattoed on your arm like F1 drivers and Sqauddies !

Offline saoirse

blood
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 16:45:04 PM »
and the waffen ss

Offline sunnyd

blood
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 21:03:38 PM »
Loz is correct.. you can go to any hospital and have your blood group checked, and register your blood group. You can also give a donation. The problem that we have in this area is that we do not have a blood bank. Sometimes you may hear over the loud speaker system, that a certain blood group is needed,(this is because the hospitals do not have that type in storage). I always tell my friends of ANY blood group,(BUT especially those that have a rare blood group), to make themselves known to the local hospitals. They will take your contact details, and in the event of them needing blood, they will contact you.

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
blood
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 18:52:25 PM »
Is that the case when you're on holiday?  I have a fairly rare one and carry a card with me - recommended by my GP.  I mahy do that next time i come over.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 18:53:05 PM by Elsa Padfield »

Offline caza

blood
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 20:13:34 PM »
i have my blood group on my turkish driving license but when it was documented they insisted at the clinic that it was 'o'group i know for definate from being a donor in england that i am a rare 'b' group and have to carry a card to prove it this is quite worrying as they dont carry supplies in the hospital so what is a girl to do ?

Offline ytokgoz

• www.propertyandturkey.com
blood
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 20:31:51 PM »
Hello to All,
this is actually very important subject for foreigners living in Turkey...Most british people have no idea what their blood type is, but all Turkish people have to know theirs, in case you have an accident and they need to transfer blood to you they dont want to waste time finding out what blood type are you...This is very important in Turkey also to carry piece of paper your blood type written on it in case if you go unconcious....

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
blood
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 02:29:05 AM »
get it changed caza!!

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
blood
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 06:32:27 AM »
Hi caza, Tha small test labs at clinics are not 100% correct and they should have told you that when you had the blood test for the licence.Go to the hospital for a full test and get the licence changed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf