Author Topic: Dentist - Cagatay Aras (Fethiye)  (Read 3181 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Dentist - Cagatay Aras (Fethiye)
« on: December 05, 2008, 23:53:27 PM »
If you are looking for a dentist in the Fethiye area, I would highly recommend Cagatay Aras to you. Even if I was still in Calis and took my laptop up to the roof terrace, I doubt even then I could recommend him highly enough  ;)

I took an initial recommendation from CBF by Alan (KKOB) as I've always found he tends to know what he's talking about (I could be wrong, it's been known :D ) but as someone who has never been to a dentist since we moved over, along I went.

His English is very good indeed, a very interesting guy if you get a chance to chat (which is rare but possible!). My experience of dentists is that they call you in, inject your mouth, wait for 10 minutes for it to take effect - all in complete silence, then stick two fingers, a suction thing and a nasty looking implement in your gob, then ask if you saw the football the other night. Answer is generally "UGHHH".

Anyway, my teeth were ok in as much as I knew there was no pain, and they didn't look as bad as they probably were, but knowing further that it was probably only a matter of time before problems came along.

He's a rather factual speaker when it comes to dentistry, no dressing up of opinions. I asked his opinions on whitening (I'm getting vain I think) and he basically replied that with the amount of work needed on my pearlies that I'd be better off spending my money on more important things [:o]

I am, like many I suspect, a complete baby when it comes to dentists. I'd much rather someone punched me in the face than hurt me in the name of dentistry. In my home town in the UK I clamped my dentist's whole finger in a vice like grip when he plunged a plate of impression gunk unannounced into my mouth, so much so that he had to calmly ask "Keith, please, will you release my finger" - I had no idea I had clamped it :D. I also went to a different dentist and pinned him against the wall from the dentist's chair when he dared to start drilling within moments of giving me the injection.

At Cagatay Aras it's all different. He explains what he is planning to do, it's quite calming to know actually  :)

I had around 9 sessions in 3 weeks (because we had to get everything done before we were leaving) and I won't tell you what I had done (because you'd know how vain I have become and how neglected my gob was allowed to become :D ) but suffice to say some very 21st century technology sits inside my head nowadays  :-\

As for cost comparisons - obviously the main reason I went through 9 sessions in 3 weeks was because I knew where I was going and how much it would cost in the UK - I spent in and around £1000. I had no intention of spending anything like that, but being an internet anorak I also did my research and found that the work carried out would cost probably around £5,000 in the UK, and I'd never have considered spending that sort of money on bloody teeth! From speaking to Turkish friends, the general opinion is that he isn't the cheapest, but he also isn't the most expensive.

Cagatay Aras is upstairs in the 'new' building in Fethiye across and down from Carrefour (where Dikman Change shop is now). He'll do a check up for free, and there is no pressure to have anything done, and certainly no attempts to create work where none is required.

Highly recommended.

Offline destiny

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 06:05:54 AM »
We use dentist around the corner from Migros and he is great too  x

Offline sunnyd

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 08:49:45 AM »
He is our dentist too, and highly recommended! My little fella even looks forward to going after the 'fun day' (his words not mine!) he had when the Cagatay removed his milk tooth!

Offline terrie

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 09:12:47 AM »
Cagatay ,first class dentist and a nice guy,what more do you want

Offline calvin 1949

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 09:29:12 AM »
Had a lot of work done  by Cagatay this year ,he is the best Dentist I have been to in Uk or Turkey .Calvin:D:D 8) ;)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 09:31:27 AM by calvin 1949 »

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 09:48:35 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

Alan (KKOB) as I've always found he tends to know what he's talking about

Can I use the letters A.R.S.E. after my name now? (As Recommended by ScunnEr)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 10:11:57 AM »
No, but with your passion for outdoor pursuits, you can use the letters L.B.O.W (League of British Outdoor Walkers)

That's just typical of you Alan, you don't know your A.R.S.E from your L.B.O.W

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 10:22:21 AM »

The cold weather hasn't deminished the Twit.

Baz 8)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 10:28:53 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

L.B.O.W (League of British Outdoor Walkers)

I'm so glad you put Walkers !  ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 10:30:37 AM »
I didn't, the swear filter must have changed it  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf