Author Topic: Residence Permit/Passport  (Read 1756 times)

Offline ortaca7

Residence Permit/Passport
« on: December 30, 2008, 07:58:31 AM »
Hi.any members know how long it normally takes to receive residence permit/passport from the polis in fethiye.my daughter had hers sent off by passport polis over six weeks ago and still no sign of them.she needs passport to fly to UK next monday for medical treatment.the polis dont seem very sympathetic.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 08:25:12 AM »
it all gets sent to the head office in Mugla, I would get a Turkish friend to make a phone call.

Offline chewyturk

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 20:23:14 PM »
I'm assuming that your daughter has been back to the police station (at the harbour) to check. They say they will phone you but when i went to get mine it had been there a week and there were dozens of others lying in a drawer.

I would keep trying daily if you're desperate but if it's not there now then you'll be lucky to get it in time for monday especially with the new year holidays.

Offline ortaca7

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 11:01:33 AM »
Yep Thanks for that-got a policeman friend here in ortaca to phone mugla for me-and the passport etc left mugla on 22nd dec and is en-route so hopefully the PTT will cum up trumps-but not betting on it
quote:
Originally posted by chewyturk

I'm assuming that your daughter has been back to the police station (at the harbour) to check. They say they will phone you but when i went to get mine it had been there a week and there were dozens of others lying in a drawer.

I would keep trying daily if you're desperate but if it's not there now then you'll be lucky to get it in time for monday especially with the new year holidays.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf