Author Topic: Poisoned Dogs  (Read 2216 times)

Offline phil1839

Poisoned Dogs
« on: March 21, 2009, 09:28:05 AM »
Two street dogs have adopted my neighbour, who also has dogs of his own. When he takes his dogs for a walk on their leads the street dogs follow but sometimes go their own way when they are in the village, which they did this morning. When the 2 street dogs returned today they were both displaying signs of poisoning. One is now dead and the other is seriously ill. We don't know how this has occurred. We live on the road out of the village towards Cadianda and this has happened somewhere on this side of the village. Just be aware if you are taking your dogs for a walk, at the moment it may be better to keep them on a lead.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Poisoned Dogs
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 08:42:39 AM »
:(:(Phil,  really sad to hear this again.  Was it Jan orFiona as Lottie calls her? (Nigel's street dog ?)  So sad, 'Chico' went the same way in the autumn :(.  Lottie will be devastated.

Offline phil1839

Poisoned Dogs
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 12:45:18 PM »
Toni, Jan is ok. Obviously had some poison but not as much as the other two dogs, she is getting well now. The two dogs that died have only recently appeared around here. You may remember one, it was a small dog with a honey coloured long coat

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Poisoned Dogs
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 13:03:59 PM »
:(:(thanks Phil.   Horrid thing to happen. :( We are relieved that Jan is feeling better - she's such a sweet dog, and we have grown very fond of her.

Offline wickwilly

Poisoned Dogs
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 20:04:24 PM »
Phil. How far up the road to Cadianda do you live?. I ask because I too live up that road and take my dog for a walk most days, albeit on a lead.Bit worried about taking him for a walk now.
WW

Offline Firo

Poisoned Dogs
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 07:47:51 AM »
WW, Phil lives at the end of the village before the bridge so a fair way from your place.
Fi

Offline phil1839

Poisoned Dogs
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 09:03:08 AM »
As firo says we are only just out of the village where the land on the left drops away, by the side of the Olive Grove. Whatever the dogs ate was somewhere near to or in the village. It also happened about this time last, I don't know if that holds any significance.

Offline wickwilly

Poisoned Dogs
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 18:52:26 PM »
Thanks Phil and Firo.

WW

Offline Flippa

Poisoned Dogs
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 20:56:58 PM »
It's a horrid thing to be happening.  I would urge you all to take great care of your pets.  I lived in rural Australia for many years and 'baiting' as it was called there was a very common practice, it was also illegal but it didn't seem to stop them.

The way it was done was to leave poisoned meat out, usually at night, they would also from time to time throw said 'bait' over peoples fences causing harm to peoples pets - cruelty to any animal is horrid but it is particularly heartbreaking when it happens to your pet.

I hope whomever are responsible are caught and dealt with - it's just horrid.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf