Author Topic: Expat Healthcare  (Read 5203 times)

Offline Old Daffodil

Expat Healthcare
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2009, 22:58:17 PM »
We have a five year residency here. If we go to the hospital in Calis does anyone know if the treatment there is cheaper. What sort of treatments does it give? We have only ever used the Letoon or Esnaf. We were well treated at both, no complaints.Just asking because of costs really.

Offline Peter Lamb

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2009, 23:01:56 PM »
Yapi Kredi definately, heard baris not so good...

Offline The Crinklies

Expat Healthcare
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2009, 15:22:21 PM »
Currently waiting to see if our Emergency/Accident Insurance, taken out through Baris, is going to pay out - had read the warning previously posted some time ago by Crabbit, but we already had the insurance by then. Unfortunately this insurance is now being put to the test!!!
Will post the answer once we know, however Baris is not the easiest person to get hold of!! Not holding our breath!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 15:23:17 PM by The Crinklies »

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Expat Healthcare
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2009, 15:46:02 PM »
Maybe they can be shamed into toeing the line (Baris).

Offline Old Daffodil

Expat Healthcare
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2009, 16:28:20 PM »
This Baris insurance sounds very unreliable. I will make enquiries at Yapi.

Offline wickwilly

Expat Healthcare
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2009, 22:21:23 PM »
The public hospital (devlet) in Calis is quite a bit cheaper than the Esnaf/Letoon.The service is good and the majority of doctors speak at least some English.The last time I was there they were trying to organise a translation service but dont know if it has now been set up.
WW

Offline Bim

Expat Healthcare
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2009, 20:18:31 PM »
Hi... can anyone pls advise, how to get to the Devlet public hosptial... (just in case) thanks..

Offline Firo

Expat Healthcare
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2009, 21:11:28 PM »
The post peviously here has been withdrawn for legal reasons.
Fi
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 09:29:00 AM by Firo »

Offline The Crinklies

Expat Healthcare
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2009, 12:59:15 PM »
An update to our post of 6th June - I have been paid in full, via Baris, by the insurance company for the Accident/Emergency claim that I made.  Although it was sometimes difficult to get hold of Baris whilst awaiting the outcome, when I did speak to him he was very helpful.  My claim was settled in under 3 weeks and basically the insurance company did "what it said on the can!"

Mrs C.

Offline Old Daffodil

Expat Healthcare
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2009, 11:40:26 AM »
We attended a meeting in Ovacik at the residents association last year concerning having an insurance for health care with Baris. Another meeting was arranged for people who would be interested. We went to the bar at the arranged time and Baris and the bar owner seemed to have a disagreement so it was called off.Baris told us to go into his office to open up insurance with him. We went to his office, he was not available and our Turkish is limited so we could not get a lot of information off his receptionist. We have not been able to make any arrangements with him concerning the insurance and if he is difficult to find what use would one be anyway.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf