Author Topic: Baby Jabs In Turkey  (Read 1703 times)

Offline corbindallas

Baby Jabs In Turkey
« on: June 25, 2009, 18:23:30 PM »
Does anyone know if you can get all the usual jabs for a new born baby and does Turkey do the MMR jab? Also what sort of charges there are, is this via a doctor or do you need to go to a hospital. Anything else a family with a new born will need to know prior to moving to Turkey for good need to know all info gratefully received :)[?]?

Offline Janice1971

Baby Jabs In Turkey
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 01:02:57 AM »
Hi we moved to Turkey when our daughter was 4 months old, we had her jabs done at the Esnaf Hospital, I think that the most expensive one was around 45 ytl and that was the MMR.  We had no worries with the baby, the only advice that I would give is to buy a mozzy net for the cot and keep a fan on them at night.

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
Baby Jabs In Turkey
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 02:19:57 AM »
good advice janice i think the baby care and child doctors at hesnaf are excellent. all the usual uk innoculations. plus tb which i think is compulsary for turkish babies, withdrawn in most areas of the uk for reasons of cost the way i see it.

Offline sunnyd

Baby Jabs In Turkey
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 08:17:12 AM »
yes all of the jabs that you can get in the UK you can get here. They also give a separate injection for measles as it has been quite common in the area. I took my son to the 'saglik ocaği' health clinic near to our house for all his weighing and injections. The only injection that we couldn't get at that time was the Meningitis vaccine but that was 5 years ago.

Offline Lucy

Baby Jabs In Turkey
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 13:16:20 PM »
the local clininc give all the injections that a baby has in the uk and also TB at 3months. The MMR is called KKK here. Not sure how much they cost as our daughter has a turkish kimlik so gets them for free but i doubt they will be that much at the clinic. Also if you want exta injections like hep A or flu you can get these at one of the private hospitals

Offline pixie

Baby Jabs In Turkey
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 14:10:49 PM »
Hi
Totally agree with sunnyd and Lucy - no need to spend a fortune at Esnaf when you can go to your local clinic "Saglik Ocaği" and get them at a much more reasonable price.  If you don't know where your local clinic is, there is one directly next to the Tuesday market, on the road leading up to the market, from the sea, alongside the channel.

Offline corbindallas

Baby Jabs In Turkey
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 18:03:42 PM »
Thanks all for advice another box ticked for us appreciate that. Andrew

Offline Lucy

Baby Jabs In Turkey
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 20:32:49 PM »
Theres one in günlükbaşi akarca area near the mosque and one in Yaniklar

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
Baby Jabs In Turkey
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 02:36:43 AM »
i agree that local government clinics are good, but the hesnaf is not too expensive if you have national insurance you only pay 30% of their normal costs. worth paying the extra in my opinion.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf