Author Topic: Glasses  (Read 2332 times)

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
Glasses
« on: September 22, 2009, 09:56:50 AM »
I have just bought new glasses from specsavers and it cost nearly £300 for a pair of designer (FCUK) glasses, the cost is mainly because I have to have the lenses thinned I was also going to get prescription sun glasses but thought it could be cheaper in Fethiye (going over in April)
Has anybody bought glasses over there and has anybody had have the lenses thinned
Thanks in advance  

Offline Jim Fraser

Glasses
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 11:02:48 AM »
Yes to both questions, have used a few places over the years.
Last one I used was Esma Optik.
This was for replacement lenses only, and they were slightly cheaper than the quotes from Cem optics.
Shop is on road directly across from the main post office, and on the left hand side.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Glasses
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 11:03:45 AM »
Yes, glasses can be much cheaper over here than in the UK.

However, it's well worth having a look at this website http://www.selectspecs.com/

They're based in Hong Kong and a number of people on other forums have given them good reviews.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 11:04:20 AM by KKOB »

Offline Jenny1

Glasses
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 11:55:59 AM »
Hi Trainer, I know how you feel! Ripped off! I have to have 1 lens made thinner, at Specsavers, it cost me £110 for this, then the frames on top = £235, it was buy one get one free, but still, it's annoying.
Has anyone used the opticians in Calis? There was one on the beach road last year, not sure if it's still there?
And if I am there for a week, would they be ready for me to take home?  8)
Thanks
Jen

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Glasses
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 12:19:51 PM »
Over the last 6 years in Fethiye I have had 3 different eye test and 2 pairs of specs, not really that much cheaper than the UK.

Now back in the UK and have just had a very THOROUGH eye check and I need new specs. The ones I am wearing have done me more harm than good, I returned twice to the Fethiye to see different eye doctors and they kept telling me that all was ok, obviously it wasn't.  My new specs with varifocals are costing me the same as Turkey, but with a much better medical service.

where the eyes are concerned I have learnt that cheap is not always best.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf