Author Topic: Need help finding insurance cos for residents...  (Read 2774 times)

Offline samson

Need help finding insurance cos for residents...
« on: October 20, 2009, 12:05:18 PM »
Hi

Originally from UK but recently became a turkish resident. I went to renew my travel insurance and was told I no longer qualify. I only go back to the UK twice a year, the rest of the time in sunny ole Ovacik, I dont fancy leaving the country every 60 days like some insurances require and the the expat insurance seems very expensive, Im 35 and in good health so dont qualify for any of the retirement packages, does anyone have any suggestions on where I can find emergency health or travel insurance? Can I arrange it in Turkey?

Thanks
Samson

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 12:10:00 PM »
Have you been to Aviva in Fethiye?

Very nice people,speak good English and quotes are very good :)

Andy

Offline Firo

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 12:31:12 PM »
Hi,
We had the same problem. Got ours through worldnomads.com with no problems.
Fi

Offline maximumtom

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 10:23:34 AM »
I got my health insurance through Allianz.  www.insuranceturkey.com

Ali Kurultak came to visit me. Ali speaks excellent English and spent
Plenty of time with me , showing me the various options. He also took me out
To the Letoon hospital and introduced me to the receptionists there.
His e-mail address is :

alikurultak@hotmail.com
Tom

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 16:55:23 PM »
Try Baris at Baris Sigorta and Consultancy.  He has some good health packages and can also arrange emergency health cover.  His office is located upstairs along the main road into Fethiye on the opposite side to Eren Spot but before the footbridge to Gazi school.

Offline The Crinklies

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 17:28:31 PM »
We had an emergency health policy from Baris which we wanted to renew in June of this year, but unless we are mistaken or he's changed his mind, he is no longer offering this :(

Offline Yogababe

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 16:12:53 PM »
Hello
I'm living in Ovaçik but on a tourist visa. I got travel and medical insurance from the UK before I came back out in August.  But I've read that I have to be resident in the UK for 6 out of the last 12 months to take out the insurance again (current one expires in December). Does anyone know if I can get medical insurance in Turkey if I'm on a tourist visa?

Offline Firo

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 19:52:17 PM »
You'll find most of the brokers will sell you health & travel insurance but be warned that if you put in a claim, in the general rules of most insurance policies ref. health, you must be resident in Turkey and only a residence permit qualifies for that.
If someones tells you otherwise ask for it to be in writing, in English, that you are fully covered on a 90 day visa!
Hope that helps.
Fi

Offline Yogababe

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 07:11:53 AM »
Thanks for that info Firo. Is single cover very expensive? Was going to risk going without but you know then the day after the current one expires something will happen. I dont want to get residency yet as it seems alot of hassle but healthcare is an important benefit I guess.  Thanks for your help.

Offline suec

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2009, 13:41:36 PM »
I think that some people need to be aware that if you have no health insurance it can become very expensive for treatment and should have an emergency fund just in case.
A dear friend of mine was taken seriously ill unexpectedly with no health insurance. He went to Calis hospital who told him he must go to Mugla as his condition was serious. He saw the doctor who was very concerned but the cost of the treatment was well out of his reach,hence he had to return home with a prescription to treat himself.He is not allowed to fly due to his illness and sadly there is no help from anywhere. So if you are thinking of moving out to live here please make sure you are aware of the dangers if you need medical treatment without full insurance.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 08:45:20 AM by suec »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf