Author Topic: Need help finding insurance cos for residents...  (Read 2776 times)

Offline ovaciksarah

Need help finding insurance cos for residents...
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2009, 19:49:04 PM »
I amalso with Ali from Allianz and as far as I know they are one of the few companies who will insure you for life not just til 65, well worth knowing with medical expenses high, but my son has already had his tonsils out at Letoon, and they paid, no fuss

Offline kevin b

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2009, 22:28:49 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by ovaciksarah

I amalso with Ali from Allianz and as far as I know they are one of the few companies who will insure you for life not just til 65, well worth knowing with medical expenses high, but my son has already had his tonsils out at Letoon, and they paid, no fuss

Do you have residency permit or tourist visa?

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2009, 23:29:40 PM »
Before we came to live in Turkey we took out a plan with 'Aplan'  

this covered travel insurance for long stay (12months) until we got sorted.

the one stipulation was that we had a UK address, also we tailored the insurance to suit us, taking the medical only as we already had travel insurance for the first 6 weeks stay.  

Another clause we opted for was not to return to the UK in the first 12 months, if we did we negated our insurance.

I have had a look at the website and see that you an now opt for 6 month cover which is travel and medical.  it is pricey at approx £200 but well worth it.

http://www.citybond.co.uk/index.jsp?agtintref=APL03

When we settled for our 2nd year I took out a policy with Aviva in Fethiye, as we were both under 60 (at the time) the insurance was approx 486TL for the year (for both of us).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf