Author Topic: Gokova to Bodrum  (Read 1984 times)

Offline TheBruces187

« on: October 22, 2009, 18:45:47 PM »
I hope this is the right place to ask questions about travel, as well as sharing experiences.

We are coming to Calis next week and fancy driving up to the Marmaris area, stopping off at Gokova/Akyaka and then on to the Bodrum area for a further stopover.

All the route planners suggest we go north, towards Mugla on the main roads from Akyaka and I have no doubt that might be quickest but I see there is a coast road between Akyaka and Bodrum. Anybody driven this way and can shed any light on the driving time/road condition?

We haven't been any further that way than Dalyan, so far: any advice on these areas in general will be most welcome.

Much obliged....

Offline wickwilly

Gokova to Bodrum
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 19:42:46 PM »
Hi. I have driven on the coast road/track between Gokova and Bodrum.Travelled with a mate who had a GPS phone.It was definately needed as there are no road signs for villages let alone Bodrum and there were plenty of junctions where you could go wrong.The road was very narrow in places and the journey took about 3 hours. Having said that, it has some spectacular scenery and provided you have GPS/sat nav it is well worth the effort.
WW

Offline TheBruces187

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 20:04:16 PM »
Hi Wickwilly. Thanks for the prompt reply and the useful information. I guess the route planners have got it right for this journey. Until TomTom has some decent maps for Turkey, I think the coastal scenery will have to wait. Cheers for the feedback.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf