Author Topic: hospitals  (Read 4928 times)

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
hospitals
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 16:34:59 PM »
That is great news Terrie.
Operations on the back should not be taken lightly and definately not without having the pros and con spelt out to you.

Physio is ok but try to get an osteopath

Offline Harmless

hospitals
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 19:31:25 PM »
Glad it went ok.  They have physio at the Devlet hospital (some is being arranged for me soon.)
It will be a lot cheaper than the Esnaf and hopefully, will do the trick.

Offline terrie

hospitals
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 20:30:03 PM »
Hi all..just an update about my back.Had to see consultant at letoon hospital,before they would speak about physio(no osteopaths here in turkey!)
He recommended i speak to ibrahim (a male nurse),in A and E at the hospital,anyway to get to the point,he has a traction bed(table)at his appartment.sorted price direct with him.
1st visit...massage,relaxation injection,traction,he had to get a friend there as his english is not too good..hurt quite a lot.but no pain no gain as they say...
2nd visit..a couple of days later..massage,injection,traction stretched 10cm !!then...pop!what was that i thought,that was your disc going back into place,and it was.
After one more day,pain free,went back 3rd time for massage,and light traction,now wearing belt/corset for bit of support,no pain,standing straight,brilliant
anyone needing help phone ibrahim olpak 05466530202 ,  Simon,
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 20:30:53 PM by terrie »

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
hospitals
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2009, 20:47:23 PM »
Oh good, can we talk about the price of Efes now:D ;)

Offline scouser2swife

hospitals
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2009, 20:25:29 PM »
Please read scouser2swifes (my screen name)account in the Staying safe abroad section.I don't want to scare anyone but what has happened to my hubby is horrible.

Offline peecee

hospitals
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2009, 16:30:53 PM »
Must admit I don't rate the Esnaf.  Had a fall early in the Summer, splitting my knee open and having both internal and external stitches (it was right down to the patella apparently).  Although they gave me a local anaesthetic jab, straight in the wound, they didn't wait for it to take effect and started stitching straight away.  Would rather have given birth then that.
Went back about 5/6 weeks later to ask if it was healing properly as a large lump had appeared on the knee.  They insisted that I needed another MRI scan and x-rays (at a cost, of course).  I declined and visited my old GP when back in the UK.  He told me it was just plain old scar tissue and would heal/go down.  No problem.
Surely any doctor here could have told me that without me having to pay through the nose for more expensive machines to 'look' at it.
Seems to me, talking to various people who have been treated for broken bones etc that the Esnaf is very fond of using pins

Offline mel binks

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 11:36:21 AM »
Hi Terrie
I've been having problems with my back and have already had injections at the Letoon. Was given lots of tablets but they made me really ill. Last time I spoke with them and said I wasn't taking any more tablets they mentioned perhaps exercise and physio would help. Can you give me any idea about the costs involved and if you know whether the man you saw is still at Letoon?
Many thanks Karen

Offline terrie

hospitals
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 15:58:57 PM »
hi karen,have been told ibrahim is now at the esnaf hospital,try the mobile number posted previously,also have been told there are physios at the devlet now

Offline DANKY

• Never red
hospitals
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 18:56:47 PM »
Simon have you spoke with Stef (wife is Pat)  he had a slipped disk operated on last summer and was up and around in a week or so he said that the Turkish consultant who operated on him was excellent

I know what your going through mate after having spine surgery my self in October last year here in the Uk, i put up with Sciatica for years until 2 disks finally prolapsed

Over the years i tried everything i found Acupuncture gave me the longest relief of pain but when the disks finally gave way i had no choice but to have a emergency operation as i could not even stand

good luck Shaun
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 19:09:35 PM by DANKY »

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
hospitals
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 21:08:03 PM »
Do the Turkish consulate do operations now? oh you said Turkish consultant sorrry!:D ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf