Author Topic: Esnaf Hospital.  (Read 9660 times)

Offline scouser2swife

Esnaf Hospital.
« on: November 22, 2009, 13:36:35 PM »
Hi all. I have just arrived back from a trip to England to find that my husband had taken ill and was in Esnaf hospital.I arrived there after he had been admitted 24 hours earlier.He hadn't been offered a wash or a shower by the staff there so I helped him to shower.Today I arrived to find that He had been sick in his bed and that none of the staff had been in to see him for about 2-3 hours. His buzzer to summon the nurse had been placed outside the bed and he could not reach it! I went to the nurses desk to find that no one there could speak English.I then had to go downstairs to the English speaking receptionist to tell her what I wanted the nursing staff to do.When I got back up to my husbands room, staff appeared out of nowhere and cleaned him up.(I had to cover my husband up because the nurse seemed to think that it was ok to sit him naked in a chair while the female cleaner mopped up the floor and changed the bed!!) He was then given the medication he was supposed to have earlier in the morning. Has anyone else had this happen to them? My husband is very upset about this and wants to come home, but the English speaking receptionist says that there is no doctor on duty there today so I cannot bring him home.
I was a nurse before I retired and would never have treated a patient in this way. I know people knock the NHS in England and sometimes quite rightly, but Esnaf is a private hospital and my poor hubby has been treated really shoddily by the staff there.I hope and pray that this is a one off incident.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Esnaf Hospital.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 13:57:52 PM »
Hope you get him home soon and that he makes a full recovery.

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
Esnaf Hospital.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 14:05:05 PM »
the english speaking receptionist it would seem had got it wrong there are docters there on duty 24/7 and specialsts on call.
a strong complaint is needed and hopefully your husband is recovering now.

Offline scouser2swife

Esnaf Hospital.
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 14:12:57 PM »
Oh and I forgot to mention that a nurse came in to the room, handed me a specimen pot and indicated to me to get a sample of his faeces! they did not give me a pair of gloves so i have left it for them to do.I love my hubby, but I draw the line at this!
Many thanks for your well wishes.

Offline scareylady

• Yes, she is...
Esnaf Hospital.
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 14:57:34 PM »
Im sorry to say that we dont have great memories of the esnaf either....I wont bore you with the details but just warn you that complaining or trying to get any kind of refund is not worth the time, effort or money.  We tried through the courts to get our money back for a mistake made by the surgeon and it cost us lots.

I just hope you manage to get home soon and that your husband recovery goes well. Also I agree with stuart, there is always a doctor on call so keep on at them

All the best
Lesley

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Esnaf Hospital.
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 18:01:55 PM »
My mom-in-law has twice been rushed into the Esnaf Hospital and I cannot praise them highly enough.She was put in a private room,X ray/scan immediately,quick results explained in the room.Any member of staff in a red uniform speaks English.She was handed a menu,plus a menu from the restaurant across the road,with a direct phone line.The chefs clear your selected choice with the medical staff.Within 30 minutes a guy came in and changed the plasma TV over to English language.There was a bed settee and armchairs in the room and we were offered bedding to stay the night.The mom-in-law is elderly but she was pleased when she knew where she was headed the second time!Excellent. [^][^]

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Esnaf Hospital.
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 18:45:14 PM »
Make her day and book her in for next year Kev :D

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Esnaf Hospital.
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 18:54:14 PM »
Already booked for the five weeks we're there, :D:D

(tell her nearer the time): :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Esnaf Hospital.
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 19:35:03 PM »
She should get a free T shirt this time

Offline scouser2swife

Esnaf Hospital.
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 20:10:17 PM »
I went back to the hospital this evening to find that not only is my husband vomiting but now appears to have picked up a stomach bug.He had the runs and when I got there the 'Nursing' staff had put an adult nappy on him(no gown or pyjamas).My lovely husband was extremely distressed and said that he felt humiliated and had asked to see a doctor.He was told that there was no doctor on duty.I asked the staff who took it upon themselves to undress my hubby and put a nappy on him. I got the response of shrugged shoulders.I could not find any member of staff who spoke English (wearing a red uniform or not).I am totally disgusted at the way my lovely gentle hubby has been treated.
First thing in the morning I am bringing him home.I am totally disheartened by his treatment by alleged 'health professionals'.I sincerely hope that other people bear in mind my hubbys treatment when they have a loved one who is ill.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf