Author Topic: Esnaf Hospital.  (Read 9789 times)

Offline scouser2swife

Esnaf Hospital.
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2009, 22:23:08 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kevin b

That is terrible treatment, I would be asking for some kind of discount.
Hope he has a speedy recovery at home.

Thank you Kevin B.I doubt that they give discounts.I know that I can nurse him better than the staff at Esnaf myself at home.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Esnaf Hospital.
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2009, 22:34:06 PM »
I had the dubious pleasure of a short stay at the Esnaf. Apart from being obsessed with saline drips and taking your temperature, I had to endure trying to sleep while the night nurse literally put her feet up (on the desk), watched TV - ALL NIGHT - on a distorting portable TV about 2m from my head, while continually shelling and eating sunflower seeds.

People were surprised that I discharged myself, for the good of my health.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Esnaf Hospital.
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2009, 22:39:33 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by scouser2swife

quote:
Originally posted by kevin b

That is terrible treatment, I would be asking for some kind of discount.
Hope he has a speedy recovery at home.

Thank you Kevin B.I doubt that they give discounts.I know that I can nurse him better than the staff at Esnaf myself at home.

Well I am sure he will be happier and therefore get better sooner once he's happily at home.  This experience has shaken both of you and you're better out of it.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Esnaf Hospital.
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2009, 22:40:30 PM »
I agree with Rindi on this one, you hear both good and bad about the Esnaf,my experience, or should I say diagnosis was wrong, and left me walking around with a broken arm for 3 weeks when they treated me for a sprained wrist, so I would not go there again, but its not nice when you are ill or in pain, and i find the nappy part a disgrace,every patient should be treated with dignity and that is bang out of order.
Hope your husband gets well soon.

Offline scouser2swife

Esnaf Hospital.
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2009, 22:43:05 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Rindaloo

I find the inconsistencies in people's experiences of Esnaf alarming.  I know if you ask 10 people about 1 restaurant or film you will get good and bad reports.  BUT in this one thread there are two very differing views and I think Esnaf should look seriously into the cases where people feel let down.  They may well slide out of any legal responsibility, but bad publicity does them no good at all.

Hi Rindaloo.I am a retired health professional and I know that we are talking about My husband in this case here,but when a person is paying for Private Health Care, they have a certain expectation that their loved ones are being looked after.If My hubby was in the care of the NHS in England, I would have a case of negligence against this hospital (my daughter has just gained her degree in Law at Liverpool University and she has told me) However this is Turkey and they are a law unto themselves.I just want to make EVERYONE aware that there is more than ONE hospital in our area and that EVERYONE makes the right decision when it comes to obtaining health care for their loved ones.I will NEVER allow anyone from my family to have medical treatment from this Hospital facility again.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Esnaf Hospital.
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2009, 22:47:27 PM »
 :-\ For comparison purposes, I'll leave my post (above). That was the Letoon hospital not Esnaf  :-\ Takes your pick/chances [xx(]

Offline scouser2swife

Esnaf Hospital.
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2009, 22:53:14 PM »
A big Thank You to all of you that have responded and sent good wishes to my hubby.I feel much better knowing that although we do not know you all personally, we are part of a community, and God willing we may meet up sometime (when Scouser2 is well enough).God Bless you ALL.

Offline scouser2swife

Esnaf Hospital.
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2009, 23:09:18 PM »
Oh yes and I forgot to mention that I told the 'nursing staff' that I would be bringing food in for my husband....So why are the 'nursing staff' ordering meals from the cafeteria (at least 3 courses) for him and why are they immediately being removed from his room?

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Esnaf Hospital.
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2009, 00:00:59 AM »
That IS weird.  Is someone else hungry????

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Esnaf Hospital.
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2009, 00:01:08 AM »
scouser2wife.Our only worry each time we travel to Turkey has been 'what if the mom-in-law,given her age and medical condition,falls ill'.Well she has done,twice.We have had an English-speaking doctor at our place within three minutes of a phone call,followed by an ambulance within five minutes of their phone call off the doctor.Taken from Hisaronu to Fethiye,seen within two minutes of arrival,scans taken and the results produced straight away.(Two years ago my wife needed a scan on her spine in the UK.Our NHS Hospital told her there was an eight week waiting list for a scan.I paid private,£350 pounds,and it still took three days.!!)So you can see why the Esnaf has amazed me,twice.I can only speak as I find.You have my sympathy regarding your husbands condition,and I hope he makes a speedy recovery.As regards a sense of humour on this Forum,why not.It may explain why there are so many members.Wish you well.   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf