Author Topic: kimlik  (Read 6739 times)

Offline lisa marie xx

« on: November 24, 2009, 14:04:36 PM »
if anyone can help please.....

Me and hubby have been married now for 3 years and i have told that i can now apply for the turkish kimlik. i have no idea how to come about doing this! Has anyone applyed for a kimlik that could point me in the right direction please.

Thankyou x

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
kimlik
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 14:12:53 PM »
I think that it is after 5 years marriage. Anyway that is how long 2 of my friends had to wait unless things have changed.

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
kimlik
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 15:57:13 PM »
presumably your spouse is a turkish national if so and u have had residency permit for three years then you can apply.

Offline geordieboy

kimlik
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 17:28:27 PM »
Go with your hubby to the passport police down Fethiye harbour and they will give you all the relevant information.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
kimlik
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 17:29:48 PM »
She's asking here!

Offline Harmless

kimlik
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 17:38:51 PM »
The passport police will give you the forms, three years is the correct amount of time.  You are now required to take a test to show that you can get by with the Turkish language.  The process can take up to a year, so if your current residents permit is running out, you will still need to renew it.

Offline wickwilly

kimlik
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 18:17:27 PM »
You will also need to go to the Devlet hospital and obtain a form on which you will need to get 8 different doctors signatures.You must not have been out of Turkey for more than 3 months during the 3 years you have been resident here.You must also go to the police station to get a certificate that shows you have no criminal record here and this has to be countersigned by the court.You will be intervied in Turkish by several officers to ascertain that you can speak the language adequately. This is done in Mugla. As Harmless stated above, this can take up to a year.Good Luck
WW

Offline Donna2202

kimlik
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 18:31:04 PM »
My friend has just got her kimlik after being married for 3 years and she didn't have to go through half of this... You don't need to have had residency and she spent more than 3 months out of the country during those 3 years. She was very worried about the Turkish language test in Mugla but walked in to the room with her husband and son and was in there less than 30 seconds. They said that they could see they were a family and that was enough. I'm seeing her on Thursday so will find out the exact details and send you an email.

Offline minimoo

kimlik
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 08:32:18 AM »
I did mine this year (well started in November and finally got my kimlik in August)

Presuming your husband is a Turkish citizen, you need to go to Mugla with your passport, residency if you have it, marriage book (take photocopies of all of these too) a nufus paper from the office in Fethiye and names, addresses and telephone numbers of 2 people who agree to give a reference for you. These 2 people must be turkish citizens and you must have known them for at least 2 years.

The office in Mugla will give you more paperwork to fill in while you are there and start processing for you.

You will then be called you your local jandarma station to provide fingerprints and the authorities will check that you do not have a criminal record.

The office in Mugla will then call you with an interview date. The interview is also held in Mugla. I had to go in without my husband first. They asked me questions about when and where we met etc. Then they called my husband in and asked him a few questions too. They will tell you if you have been successful or not at the end of the interview. Then it's just a case of waiting for the paperwork to come through from Ankara so you can go and get your kimlik.

Offline geordieboy

kimlik
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 12:43:05 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

She's asking here!

She asked a question,and I gave her what I thought was a reasonable reply.The same reply was echoed by another member,passport office to get the forms,and as requirements regarding what is needed to implement the procedure seems to change year by year,she'll also get the latest information. 8).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf