Author Topic: kimlik  (Read 6744 times)

Offline hoops man

kimlik
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 18:15:50 PM »
My wife who is Turkish has completed from start to finish the whole process for 5 individuals and they all got their kimlik ......if you need her help give me a buzz and ill pass her onto you....

Offline chewyturk

kimlik
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2009, 19:27:41 PM »
Any men under 40 years of age on here got their kimlik...?

Offline lisa marie xx

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2009, 19:20:00 PM »
Thanks every1 for ur replies much appreciated

Ronnie I have sent you a pm!

Offline lizw

kimlik
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 12:45:54 PM »
hi everyone just hoping someone can give me some advice. my boys and i have been here 5 years come june and are doing the kimlik process. i understand the process etc, but my question is this - what will we really gain?  and what will we loose as far as Uk is concerned if anything? im not sure if its worth doing as i am petrified of the turkish exam, even tho i have been learning for 5 years still struggle so much. im not married or involved with a turkish man and feel this will be held against me too. can any one help a nervous family!! thanks Liz (and please dont suggest i marry a turk!)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
kimlik
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2010, 12:56:32 PM »
Well it means you don't have to pay for residency anymore :D

It also means you can work legally without requiring a permit. As far as I know you don't lose anything British, it isn't like taking full citizenship and losing your British citizenship, you gain a second nationality. If you are worried about the interview, take one of your children along (assuming they speak Turkish well) and they'll soon steal the show.

Offline booo

kimlik
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 13:07:33 PM »
Would it not mean that your sons will have to do National Service if they get Turkish Nationality

Offline lizw

kimlik
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 14:15:41 PM »
yes as far as im aware they will have to do national service but because they are British they will not be allowed guns etc and will do office work within the military. thats what i know at the moment as we all know everything changes every other minute!! thanks scunner, i will have to take the children as they will be going through the process too and they both speak perfect turkish, its just when they officials speak to me i go to bits!!!

Offline marytheresa

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 16:27:27 PM »
I got my kimlik but chose to do it through the Turkish consulate in London alot easier they asked me one question in Turkish all they wanted to know was what i knew about ataturk and what he gave to Turkey.

I received it 4 months later by fax  and picked up the number from gunlukbasi police station then went of to fethiye to collect it.

Nice n easy hassel free but if any of you do decide to do it from here make sure you take your medical papers with you. if i remember it cost me about £60 all in all. :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
kimlik
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 17:09:38 PM »
Blimey £60! I paid 2 grand for mine in a car park

Offline tiddly winks

kimlik
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 17:58:26 PM »
This may be going off topic slightly, but what exactly is a kimlik?
I have general idea, but like an actual 'definition' would be nice
 :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf