Author Topic: kimlik  (Read 6703 times)

Offline Old Daffodil

kimlik
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 19:56:16 PM »
It is an eleven digit number that the MERNIS computer gives to you when you gain the necessary qualifications to become a citizen of Turkey. The number is used in official transactions like banking,tax and doing business generally.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 19:57:20 PM by Daffodil »

Offline tiddly winks

kimlik
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2010, 21:36:42 PM »
Ohh sort of like a national insurance number, but not.
Thanks  :)

Offline crystalgirl

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2010, 03:30:09 AM »
Yes the benefits are good of having a kimlik,
working legally without permit
no waiting at the visa quene at Dalaman airport, I just walk straight through now!
Useful when doing official paper things-notary etc.
You have the same rights as Turkish people, and have dual nationality.

You loss nothing British, as the UK recognises dual nationality.
I have had mine for 8 years and has been extremely useful.
Hope this helps anyone thinking of applying for a kimlik.  

Has anyone gone through this procedure who is English not married to a Turk, my Dad would love his but know he wouldnt pass the turkish exam.

Offline Sue T

kimlik
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2010, 17:14:26 PM »
The kimlik is issued after you have been granted Turkish citizenship, the UK & Turkey recognise dual nationality and it is very helpful for all the above quoted reasons most importantly avoiding the residence permit payments which have recently rocketed or the need to remember a trip every 3 months and the ability to work without the virtually 'impossible to obtain' permit. You can travel easily in and out on your kimlik and British passport, no need to get a Turkish one. If you have a Turkish spouse the marriage has to have lasted 3 years,but you can start to apply before it has by a few months, there is no Turkish exam, but at the Mugla interview they do ask you a few things in Turkish, the ability to mumble something seems to suffice.  If you require a med certificate then try the Saglik Ocagi it is cheap, one stop and if you can breath you pass! The one by the tuesday market did mine.
For resident foreigners you have to be here for 5 years and I believe you do have to take some sort of Turkish exam, a few enquiries from friends and neighbours could help with this and maybe the Dept of Education, which is upstairs from the Nufus or population folk.  The manager of the 'population' office in the front of the Kaymakam's building can also be helpful about what is needed especially if you have a Turkish speaker with you.  He's the guy you see to arrange a wedding date.

Offline dreamon

kimlik
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2010, 18:51:15 PM »
Having read this and other replies/posts from SueT looks like KKOB has a female rival.: :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 18:53:58 PM by dreamon »

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
kimlik
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2010, 02:32:05 AM »
spot on sue!

also with citizenship you can also buy  property on the same day without having to wait and pay for the expense of military permission.

Offline Sue T

kimlik
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2010, 15:12:19 PM »
Is that a bka dreamon?
I don't know where to find the smilies on the 'quick reply'?! or I would tag a cheeky looking one on, you'll have to imagine it.

Offline posleeds

kimlik
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2011, 12:30:22 PM »
I know this thread has been running for well over a year - but I have been reading it with interest.
In December 2010 I had to go to the Devlet Hospital- not through A & E,  but booked into the clinic to see a Doctor urgently on a pay-as-you-go basis.  I only had the 3 month visa stamp in my passport.  The lady who dealt with me, processed my details on a computer then wrote down a number for me & told me not to lose it as I would need it in future - my Kimlik number.
It is an eleven digit number starting 71.840.***.***
Have I been issued with a Kimlik number without jumping through hoops? Or is this just an emergency number they issue when people book in?
Is there anyway of checking it on "the system"?
If anyone can shed any light on the matter it would be appreciated.
Thanks

Offline kizkucuk

kimlik
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2011, 13:03:17 PM »
There is a residents Kimlik number which isn't the smae as a citizens one.  I thought it was just an Admin thing but had to produce it when I bought my scooter and also my bank ahve asked for it.  Maybe someone else can tell us more about it  :-)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf