Author Topic: residence costs  (Read 6940 times)

Offline crystalgirl

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2010, 05:08:01 AM »
GOsh, it doesnt affect me as I have a kimlik but my Dad will go bonkers, and although he has been here for 5 years with res permit, it will be cheaper for him to trip to and fro from now I should think, he may get one just to cover the winter time.  Gosh isnt it awful, and the cost of living here has gone up a great deal-look at the price of petrol, way more expensive than the Uk, and should be cheaper if you compare with turkish wages-I have no idea how the turkish survive or have any special things in life. Our electric bill this month will be well above the 2 hundred mark, and we pay 150 in manintance-yes I said 150 lucky us!!!!!

Offline starman™

residence costs
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2010, 05:25:18 AM »
wow 150, thats almost free.

Offline minimoo

residence costs
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2010, 06:27:56 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by crystalgirl

GOsh, it doesnt affect me as I have a kimlik but my Dad will go bonkers, and although he has been here for 5 years with res permit, it will be cheaper for him to trip to and fro from now I should think, he may get one just to cover the winter time.  Gosh isnt it awful, and the cost of living here has gone up a great deal-look at the price of petrol, way more expensive than the Uk, and should be cheaper if you compare with turkish wages-I have no idea how the turkish survive or have any special things in life. Our electric bill this month will be well above the 2 hundred mark, and we pay 150 in manintance-yes I said 150 lucky us!!!!!

If he has had residency for a full 5 years, it might be better for him to apply for his kimlik.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
residence costs
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2010, 12:20:48 PM »
[/quote]

Not sure where Fethiye Times get their figure to claim Turkey is 57% cheaper to live in than the UK.

Getting harder everyday to name anything that is cheaper here
[/quote]

Bread
Council tax
Water rates
Rents
Fruit & veg
Good quality meat
Bus (not Dolmus) fares
Cinema
Dentistry
Opticians
Medicines
Eating out
Cigarettes
Hair dressers

Go further afield and prices become a lot cheaper meat approx 5tl per kilo cheaper in Izmir for example.

In Çiflik there is a little store that sells everything significantly cheaper than the supermarkets in Fethiye
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 15:12:51 PM by nichola »

Offline starman™

residence costs
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2010, 12:46:59 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by roodhorst

Any one know how much you need on your turkey bank acaunt for residence permit
i dont believe its 3600 dollar . What is the last information on this

For residency you need to show 300 USD or equivalant for each month you apply. So for 12 months you need to show you have 3600 USD worth of funds (TL or euors are ok) or show an exchange receipt for the same amount but with your name on it.
It is 1000 USD per month if you come from a non A group country (non OECD, non EU etc) and you can only apply for maximum 3 months if you come from a B group country (India, China etc)

Offline starman™

residence costs
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2010, 22:27:16 PM »
Its not a lot but they seem to think that westerners can survive on it whilst people from India and Burkino Faso need a 1000 bucks a month to survive.

Offline ECHOSTAR

• Uk and Sky Tv no Problem
residence costs
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2010, 04:09:01 AM »
I also do not have to worry as i also have a kimlik but i do see them making the 90 day torist visa 30 days sooner or later

Offline ovaciksarah

residence costs
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2010, 13:59:40 PM »
They are getting tougher, not only with rentals, but soon when they see your stamps showing when you come in and out, they are going to charge more for each entry, so making it plausible to haved residency.  At moment for cheaper, but one of the few countries to do 90 days, most are 30 days.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
residence costs
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2010, 14:27:30 PM »
We were talking today to someone who is involved in obtaining residency visas and we were told hardly anyone is taking out or renewing residency at the moment. It seems they have all adopted the border hopping way. There is a very strong consensus of opinion among the people involved that the loss of revenue here will push the government towards the 30 day Visa to compensate.
If this should happen what will you do? 12 Meis trips a year! Take out a mortgage to pay for residency again! Or is it Byebye Turkey.  In the event it is the latter think of the glut of houses back on the market and what it will do for values.:(
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 14:36:20 PM by tribalelder »

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
residence costs
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2010, 15:41:26 PM »
Brian - don't you leave just when we are coming - just my bl**dy* luck - I was too late from British Gas shares :D

Seriously - it looks like it is going to become a real issue - it is tightening up everywhere - buying vehicles etc.

However I suspect some will say - it is Turkiye - get on with it and take it or leave it!

Ps Not me............

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf