Author Topic: Residency application advice.  (Read 1792 times)

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
Residency application advice.
« on: February 27, 2010, 07:42:34 AM »
We applied for residency on 3 December 2009 via Fethiye Passport Police. After the expected arrival date we made regular enquiries at Fethiye Passport Polis office & were given various, conflicting, information.
We eventually hired a translator & the Polis admitted that the passports & residency papers had got lost in the post & that they had used normal, un registered,un traceable PTT delivery service. The passports & Residency papers had been sent by the  Mugla Passport Polis to Marmaris instead of Fethiye & then were sent to Fethiye but have never arrived.

We now have had to pay 650 TL for 2 passport applications, plus 85 TL for a translator, plus 17 TL for courier service to & from Istanbul for new passport applications, plus 10TL for passport photos.

Neither the PTT or the Passport Polis accept responsibility.

I asked Land Of Lights to run this story as a warning to people not to entrust their passports to the Polis but they are not willing to criticise the Pasport Polis.

I have given the information to the Public Prosecutor who agrees that when you entrust your Passport to the authorities they should not use normal, unprotected PTT mail! He will require the Polis & the PTT to give an explanation of their actions & will then decide who is to blame. At that point I may be able to claim compensation.

Next year I will go personally to Mugla to get my residency the same day, it will be a lot quicker & cheaper than what has happened this time!

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 07:50:02 AM »
Sorry to hear this - that is one of the reasons that I intend to go to Mugla.
We come out for 6-months shortly but  I go home after 11-weeks as my daughter is getting married - so as she says I have a role to play!

Consequently I want a residency permit - (so that I can buy the scooter we want) but I am not prepared to let my passport go out of my sight.

Hope you get a fair and reasonable outcome.

Ian

Ps I am planning my trip to Mugla and got a reply from the Mugla Emniyet a couple of days ago - it said:

Sayin Ian Palmer

GEREGi iÇiN YABANCILAR SUBE MÜDÜRLÜGÜNE GÖNDERiLDi.
SiZE BiLGi VERiLECEKTiR

I think it means -  don't call us - we'll call you :D

Or then again it might say - we have got your enquiry will get back to you :D :D
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 08:13:14 AM by Ian »

Offline Chinook

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 11:24:34 AM »
or just - we have got your enquiry:D:D:D

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 12:07:45 PM »
I wondered what they were Sayin  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf