Author Topic: Residency application Saga  (Read 4787 times)

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
Residency application Saga
« on: April 02, 2010, 11:10:17 AM »
We applied via Fethiye Passport Polis on 3 December last year for residency & were advised it would take about six weeks.

When this time had passed we called in to Fethiye Passport Polis several times, sometimes with a Turkish speaking friend to aid communications.

We were told various things including: "the passports & residency are sent by diplomatic bag via the bus", "you should check at the bus station to see if the passports have arrived", "the passsports & residency have been sent to Marmaris instead of Fethiye", "the passports & residency are delivered by the Passport Polis" etc etc etc!

We then paid for a translator, Koray Atak, to help. He was eventually informed by the Passport Polis that the passports & all residency papers had been sent by normal, un-registered PTT mail! They said that the passports & Residency had been sent from Mugla to Marmaris by mistake by Mugla Passport Polis then had been sent, by normal un-registered post, to Fethiye at which point they disappeared!

Apart from the inconvenience this has caused us we have now had to pay 650TL for new passports, a few handred lira for translation, admin and transport costs, & 600TL for the residency applications, being half the cost of the applications we already paid for.

As I will not subject ourselves to this irresponsibility again we are now having to travel to Mugla to complete the process of Residency.

So, all in all, it has cost us about 1500 TL for something that we entrusted to the Turkish Passport Polis.

The British Consulate have been contacted by me but have refused to get involved, what do they actually do? Obviously not protect British citizens who have been subjected to irresponsible practises involving their British Passport!

I have instructed an avukat to try & recover our costs & the Public Prosecutor is investigating the issue. He agrees that the Pasports & paperwork should not have been sent by "normal" un-registered post. Their is also the issue of being mis-informed & lied to by the Passport Polis, not just to us but our Turkish speaking friend also.

The lesson learned is that next year we will travel to Mugla & not entrust our passports to the Passport Polis!

This is not just a "winge" but a genuine warning to others to avoid the expense & frustration & inconvenience of what we have experienced.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 11:13:55 AM by albaman »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 11:30:02 AM »
Well if nothing else it's something to add to your never ending list of things about Turkey to complain about Dave. I'm quite surprised you came to CBF to tell yet another tale of woe since your move to live over there, what with your description of the forum in an email to me being "It seems to me that CBF has become a clique for cronies & is more a cause of friction & smart-ars answers than the occasional bit of useful information one can get".

It amuses me how useless some people think CBF is, yet it is the first place they run to when they have something to bang on about.

Offline Janice1971

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 12:45:22 PM »
To be fair he was only warning others to be on their guard when applying for their residency, i should think the information is invaluable to some people.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 12:51:48 PM »
CBF is either useful for sharing information or it is useless Janice. I don't mind which one individuals decide on, but they must decide on one or the other, it can't be both. That is the only point I made.

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 17:24:42 PM »
So,I guess the next move will be for Scunner to lock yet another topic that he does not agree with.

Perhaps another warning should be; Don't send Keith a private e-mail as he may publish it,or a selected part of it, on the public forum that he dictates over.

I think what you may be having a problem with,Keith, is that I will not tolerate being lied to or treated unfairly by the authorities or establishment managers either in Turkey. UK, or anywhere else in the world.

You, Keith, used your forum to complain at length about a female member of CBF who you said was terrorising your family. Shortly after that you left Calis. I have always defended the rights of me and mine and always will. Leaving Calis is not an option I choose to take.

I know that part of your problem is that I criticised the estate agents who misinformed us about the complex that our property is on & said it was well managed. The site management is now being investigated by the legal authorities.

For the record, I love Turkey & have lots of Turkish friends. They all agree that beurocrasy in Turkey is damaging but the goody goody brigade of ex-pats declare "if you don't like it leave!", Pathetic small minded people!

Interestingly, you said in your response to my e-mail that "I haven't even bothered to read it Dave" yea right!

So, in conclusion, I have found CBF useful in the past but really hate the small minded smart ars responses made by a few members.

Up to you Keith, delete my post, lock the topic, bar me from CBF, it doesn't really matter. The truth will out!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 17:32:07 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by albaman

Pathetic small minded people!

My thoughts exactly.

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 08:39:08 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

quote:

My thoughts exactly.

Originally posted by albaman (not a selected edited section!) "For the record, I love Turkey & have lots of Turkish friends. They all agree that beurocrasy in Turkey is damaging but the goody goody brigade of ex-pats declare "if you don't like it leave!", Pathetic small minded people!"

I have had some ex-pats advise me "if you are having problems with beaurocracy in Turkey just drink some Efes & forget about it" these are the pathetic small minded people that I refer to! I prefer to deal with what is not fair, morally right, & possibly illegal by sober means. If that makes me a constant complainer in the eyes of some CBF members & the Forum Ayatolla himself then tough sh*t!

A forum is for open discussion, this one would attract more honest debate if it were not for the small minority of some CBF members & committee trying to ridicule member's postings.

So, if CBF is going to be primarily about the price of Efes & the dog police then I fear it will destroy itself!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 09:09:10 AM by albaman »

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 08:56:09 AM »
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

quote:

My thoughts exactly.

Originally posted by albaman (not a selected edited section!) "For the record, I love Turkey & have lots of Turkish friends. They all agree that beurocrasy in Turkey is damaging but the goody goody brigade of ex-pats declare "if you don't like it leave!", Pathetic small minded people!"

I have had some ex-pats advise me "if you are having problems with beaurocracy in Turkey just drink some Efes & forget about it" these are the pathetic small minded people that I refer to! I prefer to deal with what is not fair, morally right, & possibly illegal by sober means. If that makes me a constant complainer in the eyes of some CBF members & the Forum Ayatolla himself then tough sh*t!

A forum is for open discussion, this one would attract more honest debate if it were not for the small minority of some CBF members & some CBF committee trying to ridicule member's postings.

So, if CBF is going to be primarily about the price of Efes & the dog police then I fear it will destroy itself!

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 08:56:10 AM »

So you have come to Turkey on a crusade to right the wrongs, not because you "love the Place". Dave.

I personally think CBF will last longer than you.

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 08:58:45 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Diverbaz 1

So you have come to Turkey on a crusade to right the wrongs, not because you "love the Place". Dave.

I personally think CBF will last longer than you.

You are entitled to your (predictable) opinion Baz. I am entitled to disagree.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf