Author Topic: Power of attorney  (Read 3773 times)

Offline cinders

Power of attorney
« on: April 04, 2010, 11:52:48 AM »
Can anyone tell me what would be the usual rate for power of attorney? Goods X4 boxes in customs (Istanbul)and we have been asked to give power of attorney. Am having trouble communicating same over telephone since she (friend)is in Fethiye and has ? been asked to collect goods but is unable to collect packages from Istanbul.
These goods had been sent to a friend and she is having to pay ? for power of attorney. The delay in doing this is obviously costing extra due to charges for boxes being held
Can ANYONE offer advice :(

Offline julesbob0303

Power of attorney
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 14:25:37 PM »
I can't answer your question unfortunately Cinders, but if anyone knows how power of attorney works, I have another question.

We gave power of attorney to our agent when we bought almost three years ago.  (We bought through a reputable agent and the whole process was very easy, and went like a dream.  We received our tapu within three months of the purchase.)

My question is, do we have to cancel power of attorney, or is it automatically cancelled a certain amount of time after your property purchase?  (Someone told us - rumour again, I guess?! - that power of attorney is automatically cancelled after a year.  Is this right, or do we need to go to the bank and formally cancel it?)

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Power of attorney
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 14:59:44 PM »
We gave power of attorney to an advocate to handle some legal business and it cost 83ytl. However this included a passport translation that wasn't really necessary. I think the POA was about 35ytl.

Offline cinders

Power of attorney
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 15:06:07 PM »
Thanks so much for the replies, unsure how things will work out,but hope we can get to the bottom of this
I am attempting to correct things tomorrow and will let people know the outcome. C [?]

Offline daveG

Power of attorney
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 16:45:36 PM »
From memory and this was six years ago, there was a cost for the setting up between the bank and our solicitor at the notaries office,also as stated the translator got his share and then when we completed our dealings with solicitor, we then had to reverse the process.Which once again, was notaries and translator costs.

Offline kariaapartments

Power of attorney
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 22:00:41 PM »
When you give power of attorney you should ideally place in a date of expiry. This then expires and there is no cost.

Offline kizkucuk

Power of attorney
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 17:09:51 PM »
I gave Power of Attorney to someone in December when my stuff arrived in Izmir but under new import laws I still had to go to Izmir in person.  Make sure that getting Power of Attorney will be enough to get the parcels. It would be a shame to do it and still have to go to Istanbul.  But on the plus side the flights with Pegasus are very cheap at the moment and it only takes 50 minutes to get there.  Izmir was 6 hours each way on the bus :-(

Offline susuz.1

Power of attorney
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 00:08:04 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by julesbob0303

I can't answer your question unfortunately Cinders, but if anyone knows how power of attorney works, I have another question.

We gave power of attorney to our agent when we bought almost three years ago.  (We bought through a reputable agent and the whole process was very easy, and went like a dream.  We received our tapu within three months of the purchase.)

My question is, do we have to cancel power of attorney, or is it automatically cancelled a certain amount of time after your property purchase?  (Someone told us - rumour again, I guess?! - that power of attorney is automatically cancelled after a year.  Is this right, or do we need to go to the bank and formally cancel it?)

We also gave Power of Attorney which was used during our purchase of a property.  Later, when the transaction had been concluded, we went into our Bank who held the Power of Attorney (this happened to be Finansbank).  

We were asked to sign a letter confirming that with immediate effect, we wanted to withdraw the Power of Attorney in relation to our Bank Account.

This was all that was needed - I hope this helps

8)

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Power of attorney
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 01:10:45 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by cinders

Can anyone tell me what would be the usual rate for power of attorney?  :(

Am I the only one who read this enquiry[?]

Offline cheers

Power of attorney