Author Topic: UK Flights cancelled  (Read 16304 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
UK Flights cancelled
« Reply #160 on: April 22, 2010, 18:48:38 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by BM06

Nicola, you are correct its as chinook posted when you go to proceed you get the above message,  boooooooo fltc.

When I tried last night (only because someone said they would be interested in what would happen when booked from this end) I tried first date b4 the 28th April and got that can't proceed message.

So I tried with a later date and I got through to a list of flights.

I didn't go any further last night but now I have just tested it by making a rtn selection and was allowed to proceed...

Is that not right? Can you not actually go ahead and make a booking because all day I haver been telling people (well one person) they can book with TC after the 28th of this month

Offline Chinook

« Reply #161 on: April 22, 2010, 19:16:01 PM »
The message and block only comes up if you try for dates before the 28 April

Offline Chinook

« Reply #162 on: April 23, 2010, 15:46:31 PM »
This is an E mail that I have received from my Travel Insurers. Looks like sense prevails, well at least with Direct Travel Insurance.

quote:

We are pleased to confirm that Direct Travel Insurance will pay valid claims from customers that are either stranded abroad or cannot travel due to the volcanic ash.

Many travel insurance policies do not cover such situations but, in light of these extraordinary circumstances, we are treating this as an adverse weather event. This means that you can submit a claim for Delayed departure, Abandonment or Missed departure if you have been affected.

What should I do if my travel plans have been affected?

If your flight has been cancelled or delayed, whether you are in the UK or abroad, in the first instance please contact your airline and/or travel company.

You can submit a claim under your Direct Travel Insurance policy for costs such as accommodation and transport that cannot be recovered from another source such as the airlines, tour operators, hotels etc

Please note that the policy limits and conditions specified in your policy document will apply, and will depend on the level of cover you purchased.

If you are stranded abroad due to travel disruption, Direct Travel Insurance will automatically extend your policy period until you return home, at no extra cost, for single trip policyholders.

If you need to submit a claim, please ensure that you follow the standard claims procedure and provide all relevant supporting documentation. The following links should help:

How do I make a claim
 Download the Travel Delay/Missed Departure/Trip Abandonment claim form

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf