Author Topic: Infection from pedicure  (Read 1658 times)

Offline Old Daffodil

Infection from pedicure
« on: April 20, 2010, 15:10:31 PM »
A young friend of mine had a pedicure in Fethiye and not long after this developed a toe infection.
I would strongly advise anyone to be very careful when having a pedicure. Maybe take your own scissors,blades for dry skin removal,and some anteseptic wipes.The cuticle removal around the toenails means protection from infection is lessened. The sign of an infection looks like a water blister quite often. BACTROBAN from  the chemist is a good treatment for this should it happen and should be used for a week.  :)If there are still signs of infection then the doctor should have a look at it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 15:12:46 PM by Daffodil »

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Infection from pedicure
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 15:26:36 PM »
I went to a get a pedicure in Fethiye a few years ago and was amazed that the instruments were not in antiseptic, but were just in a drawer all jumbled together, the girl actually cut my toe and I was really worried. I would never have gone back to that place.    I think if you are getting a pedicure you don't need to take your own equipment, just check that the place is using hygienic methods.  I know the lady who comes to visit me in Calis always has antiseptic to clean equipment and I am totally confident in her :)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 15:28:42 PM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline Old Daffodil

Infection from pedicure
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 16:41:08 PM »
I agree with you Jacqui. Check out the standard of hygeine when you go for treatment. New blades for each client should be used for dry skin removal on the feet if this is being done.

Offline Old Daffodil

Infection from pedicure
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 16:57:56 PM »
There is an alternative way that is popular in some spas in Turkey. You put your feet in a footbath full of about 100 "Doctor fish" for half an hour and they eat the dry skin off your feet. It really is not for people who have very ticklish feet though!:D

Psoriasis can be treated with this method too.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 17:12:30 PM by Daffodil »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf