Author Topic: FREE minutes Talk Time with Turkcell  (Read 2619 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
FREE minutes Talk Time with Turkcell
« on: June 06, 2010, 00:01:38 AM »
If you are with Turkcell and pay as you go then you can benefit from this offer that has been running for several years but few seem to know about.

Give 10TL and get 100TL's worth of Talk Time to other Turkcell phones to use in a week

How to do it

1. the number to send to is 7000

2. message is NAR in capitols

3. you'll get a few messages back - ignore all but this one from 2731 that says

NAR'la 10TL karsiliginda tum Turkcellilere 1 hafta boyunca konusabileceginiz tam 100TL almak için bu masaji EVET yazarak cavaplayiniz

this means reply yes (EVET in capitols) to this message and we will take 10TL and give you 100TLs worth of calls to be used in a week.

4. Reply EVET and you will get another message that tells you that you have 100TL to use within one week

1 hafta boyunca Turkcelliri konusabileceginiz 100TL hattinizi  yuklenmistir NAR paketinizle and the date it ends and a bit more text in Turkish...

You are now good to go...

From then on when you have finished chatting on the phone your phone will tell you how many normal minutes followed by how many free minutes you have left until whatever the date...

Sometimes Turkcell will remind you that your week is up sometimes they don't.

5. Just repeat weekly and you'll always have plenty of Talk Time.

Applies only to phone calls to other Turkcell numbers - if you get a beeping noise when ringing someone means they are another network user and you'll be charged for the call.

Does not apply to text messages

To give you some idea how it compares to contours (now replaced by the minutes system 1st April 2010) it used to be 60 contours for 600 contours....
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 14:09:52 PM by stoop »

Offline peecee

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 06:10:00 AM »
Very handy to know, Nichola.  Thanks for that.

Offline The Crinklies

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 06:48:08 AM »
Thanks Nichola, we always have trouble trying to translate the Turkcell messages so your post is really helpful  :)

Offline Connor

• Prat in the hat
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 13:56:55 PM »
I wonder if this could be applied to UK phones using the Turkcell network?  Roaming charges are soooooo expensive!!

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 20:53:41 PM »
Thanks for that Nichola very usefull, how about an idiots guide to some of the other messages they send.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 23:13:31 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Connor

I wonder if this could be applied to UK phones using the Turkcell network?  Roaming charges are soooooo expensive!!

Not a chance...  ;)

though you can always buy a Turkcell SIM card for your UK phone and use that while you are here after sharing the number with everyone.

Will save you a fortune in text messages abroad and you won't get stung when some nit wit phones you from the UK and you end up picking up the tab for their call.

You'll need to have your phone registered here at some point as Turkey has a thing about all the mobile phones entering the country tax free.  

I think I am right in saying you may need someone who lives here to do that for you... but not sure about the details of this though but any of the Turkcell shops can do it.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 23:19:05 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Fraser

Thanks for that Nichola very usefull, how about an idiots guide to some of the other messages they send.

Turkcell do a number of campaigns but this is by far the best. If you sign up for another one you then can't do this one.

Most of what they send is just pure rubbish but if anything useful comes along I'll get post a translation here. :)

Offline mikew

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 17:07:57 PM »
Can anyone please let me have the Turkcell code telling you how many Lira you have left on your mobile only I've lost the piece of paper it was written on?

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 17:40:11 PM »
*123#

Offline mikew

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 20:36:25 PM »
Many thanks Mr T, much appreciated.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf