Author Topic: visa  (Read 43858 times)

Offline BM06

visa
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2010, 11:34:23 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

But on the other hand they are not wrong to tighten up the abuse of the tourist visa system by permanent residents. If it was happening in the UK, there would be an outcry. It is a visa for tourists, simple as that - you can't argue.

indeed Kieth but ,if as a lot of tourist that visit Turkey have an early week or two in lets say May and a late break in September, they will not be allowed back in under the 90x90[?] rule unless its as Baz said 90 days in 180 day period, but i just can not get the idea of out hosts giving away over a million tenners ;)in fact if its the former, our lovely forum member Jenny1 could in theory (depending on her dates)may not be allowed into Turkey in September on a holiday already booked,(do not panic Jenny just using your situation as an example hope you did not mind ;))as you say if it was happening in the UK[?] if,:Dwe can always claim asylum:Di bet that would go down well here:D

Offline pasha

visa
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2010, 11:34:26 AM »
Whilst I agree in principle that if you want to live here you should obtain residency, it seems that this xenophobic government does not want expats here, why else would they double the residency costs?

If they need money that badly why didn't they put the tourist visa up by a pound? (it has not risen for 13 years) That would have created millions of pounds in extra revenue!

WE are not here for free medical care/statehandouts/employment/asylum etc. WE contribute to the economy all year round.

Also a point to consider, every member of every household will have to obtain residency. The government will have you by the bits and be able to charge what they like in the future.

If this years increase is anything to go by, people who are on fixed incomes will be priced out. That is over and above the drastically reduced interest rates.

Rant over........for now!

Offline pasha

visa
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2010, 11:41:05 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by BM06

quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

But on the other hand they are not wrong to tighten up the abuse of the tourist visa system by permanent residents. If it was happening in the UK, there would be an outcry. It is a visa for tourists, simple as that - you can't argue.

indeed Kieth but ,if as a lot of tourist that visit Turkey have an early week or two in lets say May and a late break in September, they will not be allowed back in under the 90x90[?] rule unless its as Baz said 90 days in 180 day period, but i just can not get the idea of out hosts giving away over a million tenners ;)in fact if its the former, our lovely forum member Jenny1 could in theory (depending on her dates)may not be allowed into Turkey in September on a holiday already booked,(do not panic Jenny just using your situation as an example hope you did not mind ;))as you say if it was happening in the UK[?] if,:Dwe can always claim asylum:Di bet that would go down well here:D

multiple entry visa valid for an intended stay of no more than 90 days per period 180 days. duration begins on the date of entry to turkey. holder has no right to work.

The way I read it is that you can come and go whenever you like during the 180 day period as long as your total number days in the country does not exceed 90.

Offline BM06

visa
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2010, 11:48:50 AM »
As i said Tony i can not see our hosts giving away all them Tenners ;) go compare go compare what a great advert:D(sorry off topic but could not resist it)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
visa
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2010, 11:53:17 AM »
the abuse of the tourist visa system by permanent residents

I think that is a bit OTT! In the event of this actually happening-just think the people employed by the companies doing visa trips will probably no longer have a job.  75% of the passengers on the Meis ferry will probably not make the trip...the restaurants will no longer have enough trade to survive.....the Duty Free shop etc etc. We may be using the present system to our advantage but it is not a one way trade we are putting something back.

How about all the people at the UK airports buying their Duty frees to be able to drink it here at a lower cost....is that not equally an abuse of the Duty free system?......No it is not an abuse it is using the system to their advantage to their benefit exactly the same way  Please do not read this as a tourist v Ex pat rant we all have our place but to state we are abusing the system almost sounds as though we are benefit cheats. :)

Offline saoirse

visa
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2010, 11:57:56 AM »
Am totally lost on this!

Can I no longer go for a 4 month stay? (doing Meis run after 90 days)

Offline pasha

visa
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2010, 12:01:21 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by saoirse

Am totally lost on this!

Can I no longer go for a 4 month stay? (doing Meis run after 90 days)

Again, the way I understand it is that after 3 months (90 days) in the country you are not allowed back until the 180 days deadline on your visa has passed.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 12:04:41 PM by pasha »

Offline Diverbaz 1

visa
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2010, 12:01:29 PM »

Yes you can, only you have to take a 4, 5, 6 month residency
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 12:03:55 PM by Diverbaz 1 »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
visa
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2010, 12:07:20 PM »
Well I don't think it's OTT Brian - it's a statement of fact. The tourist visa system is being abused by people that aren't in any way tourists. It may surprise some to know that I am not with the government on this, I do think the use of the tourist visa system by permanent residents is not right, but I also do not think there should be any charge for residency for British settlers. The benefit to the economy is quite simply enough, and it is short sighted to make people pay to become resident. The difference between those settling in Turkey and those settling in the UK is that there is no possibility of the British becoming a drain on public resources - if you can't make ends meet you won't be getting any social security! Hence you must be putting into the economy or you are drinking from rivers and eating grass.

Your argument about the jobs lost if the abuse of the tourist visa system simply is irrelevant. It's a fairly insignificant number of jobs based around the abuse of a government system. If it is wiped away they will have to find other ways to get people to use their boat/duty free shop etc.

Offline SteveJ

visa
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2010, 12:11:37 PM »
Diverbaz - GB described the situation perfectly, my apologies for not doing it myself. :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf