Author Topic: help needed on visa  (Read 1710 times)

Offline eldestblade

• Barnsley, UK
help needed on visa
« on: July 26, 2010, 07:46:31 AM »
hi just wondered if anyone can help me,i came out on the7thjune,and was returning to the uk on the 2nd october,having sat incafe pazar,when everbody was talking about new visa law,so checked my passport for sticker and i have the new sticker,so as ihad my visa before the law changed can i go meise and renew,nobody seems toknow,who do i ask? helpplzzzz

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
help needed on visa
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 08:52:03 AM »
You say you have the 'new sticker'. Surely you mean the old one? Maybe not though.

No matter which one it is though to be honest I don't think anyone really knows the answer. If it were me I would go to Meise a couple of weeks before you need to and if you don't /can't get another 90 day one then book a flight home. Sorry I can't be more help :(
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 09:22:09 AM by stoop »

Offline philrose

help needed on visa
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 09:20:53 AM »
I think if you have the new 90/180 type visa it would safe to assume you will either need to leave after your 90 days are up or get a residency visa.

Offline eldestblade

• Barnsley, UK
help needed on visa
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 16:05:56 PM »
i do have the new visa sticker,but as i said i came on the 7th of june,and this didnt or still hasnt come in to force then so i just wondered where i stand,thanx

Offline BM06

help needed on visa
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 16:50:34 PM »
Well thats strange because my wife came over on the 10th of June and her stamp is the new 90 180 and has a printed stamp across it saying multi entry visa volid for 90 days? now i am really confused!!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
help needed on visa
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 19:10:57 PM »
You both got the new stickers then? Seems it's 90 out of 180 or risk it unless you can get a definitive answer from someone in authority.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
help needed on visa
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 19:14:45 PM »
Our passports have the new stickers put in on 29 May and there is no void or crossed out words. My assumption is that we can still travel over for our October trip as we won't have been in Turkey more than 90 days
Won't know for sure till we try it though.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf