Author Topic: As of July 27th NEW OFFICIAL VISA rules  (Read 8932 times)

Offline Firo

As of July 27th NEW OFFICIAL VISA rules
« on: July 27, 2010, 15:22:29 PM »
Copied from British Embassy web site today

Visitors

A visitor's visa valid for 90 days is issued to British Citizens at the port of entry on payment of £10 (English notes only) .  British diplomatic/official passport holders must apply for a visa before travelling to Turkey.  

We recently received reports that Turkish immigration procedures for British visitors (and the nationals of 62 other countries) had changed from 14 July.  The change meant that British visitors were being issued with visas which were valid for a stay of up to 90 days within a 180 day period.  Visitors with this type of visa had to wait until the 181st day before applying for a new visa.  

Following these reports, the British Ambassador called on the Turkish Minister of the Interior on 22 July to seek clarification.  The Ambassador raised the difficulties that the implementation, without warning, would cause many British people in Turkey, and to the citizens of other countries affected. The Minister said that no change in rules would be taking place.

The Ministry of Interior has now confirmed that the proposed change has been delayed.  All ports of entry have been informed and visa procedures will revert to those in place before 14 July.  British nationals will once again be able to enter Turkey on 90 day visas.  

We are following up with the Ministry of Interior to establish if a new implementation date is proposed and what action, if any, those with 180 day visas need to take.   New information will be posted here when we have it.  

Staying in Turkey beyond the date of your visa is taken seriously by the Turkish Authorities.  If you overstay you will be fined upon departure.  Fines vary according to the length of time you overstay.   If you overstay and are fined, you must apply for your next visa at a Turkish Embassy or Consulate overseas before you travel. You may also be banned from re-entering Turkey for a period of time as follows:-  

* Overstay 1-15 days  - no ban.
    * Overstay from 16-90 days - banned for up to three months.
    * Overstay for more than 90 days i.e. from the 91st day, banned for up to six months.

Disclaimer:  Please note that this information was provided by the Ministry of the Interior and the Turkish Security Police Directorate (Foreigners Department).  Although we do our best to ensure that the content is correct, we cannot take responsibility for Turkey's immigration policy or the application of it.  If you have further queries, please contact the relevant Turkish Foreigners Police Department in the area where you reside.

British Consular Services Turkey
26 July 2010

Offline starman™

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 15:35:26 PM »
This statement is already in the visa thread.

Offline Firo

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 15:57:10 PM »
I know but as it is new news I thought it needed a thread of it's own so no-one misses it.:D

Offline starman™

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 15:59:14 PM »
Thats a point also but maybe thread should be locked before 2 visa thread start going and make this a sticky.

Offline Firo

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 16:09:52 PM »
Not down to me on that thought but you are correct.
Trouble is not everyone goes back to a thread when, as the other one seemed, there was no new news, hence why I started the new one which shows everyone quickly that there is new news that they need to know.
Moderators it's over to you.
Fi

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 16:12:09 PM »
Well the 44 pager points to this one now and is finally locked. God bless it.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 16:15:17 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

God bless it.

And all who sail in it...............Provided of course that they've got a visa ! ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 16:15:59 PM »
Unless they sail in it for 90 days of course Alan

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 16:16:10 PM »

Maybe you should have seen the optician as well as the dentist when you were here, it was 46 pages not 44:D ;)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 16:17:53 PM »
Innit ! :D ;):D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf