Author Topic: As of July 27th NEW OFFICIAL VISA rules  (Read 9041 times)

Offline rainey

As of July 27th NEW OFFICIAL VISA rules
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2010, 18:55:23 PM »
we were last out in early june and have the 90/180 day type visa,we will be back in late september so do we risk going direct to passport control.or will we be sent to join the back of the visa line and have to pay again.what do you think?

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2010, 18:58:45 PM »
This change of attitude by the Turkish Interior Ministry still does not make it legal for Foreign National Residents to live in Turkey on a Tourist Visa.    It may be worthwhile for all such Residents to keep fingers crossed that the authorities don't retrospectively levy fines upon said Residents who have, after all, been living there illegally.
Cheers, Gordy, : :) ;)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 18:59:21 PM by GordonA »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2010, 19:01:00 PM »
Well said - and will we be able to call the likes of member "turkish delight" an idiot if he is deported for abusing the tourist visa system? I can imagine something like that will eventually come.

Offline holmej

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2010, 20:00:42 PM »
:D:D

Well, thought I'd make my first real post after reading the bible on the original thread!!! Myself and the wife are intending to come to fethiye area within the next couple of years on a permanent basis, but we intend to rent rather than buy. Now, I have to say that I strongly agree with the residency permit, but what I equally strongly disagree with is the cost to British residents in comparison to other nationals. Thanks to Turkey Tony (from another forum) for the following comparison:

And finally the cost to some other European nationals. ( 1 Year)

UNITED KINGDOM......................430.00 GBP 507   EUROS(£=Eu1.18)

GERMAN.........................................28.00 EUROS!!!!!!!!!

ITALIAN........................................13.00 EUROS!!!!!!!!!

BELGIAN........................................13.00 EUROS!!!!!!!!!

SWISS..........................................51.OO EUROS!!!!!!!!

AUSTRIAN.......................................82.00 EUROS

This is what reall sticks in the craw and is what the British ambassador should be addressing. With the exception of the Germans, I've never seen the others in Turkey in any numbers, and it's extremely unlikely that the Germans, Belgians or Austrians will EVER vote to allow Turkey into the EU. It's an undeniable fact that British people DO make a substantial input to the local Aegean and Mediterranean economies, and it seems to be totally unfair that a 4000% difference should exist between ourselves and the Belgians and Italians. Could the announcement today have anything to do with David Cameron's speech this morning?!!  
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 20:05:48 PM by holmej »

Offline scouser2

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2010, 00:46:02 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by GordonA

This change of attitude by the Turkish Interior Ministry still does not make it legal for Foreign National Residents to live in Turkey on a Tourist Visa.    It may be worthwhile for all such Residents to keep fingers crossed that the authorities don't retrospectively levy fines upon said Residents who have, after all, been living there illegally.
Cheers, Gordy, : :) ;)

Thanks Gordy for putting this idea in their heads! You never know who are reading these posts!

Offline vonny

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2010, 05:43:44 AM »
The reason the price for residency is so high for brits is because the british government make the price for visa's for turks who want to go to england very high so will the british government reduce their visa prices?

Offline starman™

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2010, 05:44:13 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by holmej

This is what reall sticks in the craw and is what the British ambassador should be addressing. With the exception of the Germans, I've never seen the others in Turkey in any numbers, and it's extremely unlikely that the Germans, Belgians or Austrians will EVER vote to allow Turkey into the EU. It's an undeniable fact that British people DO make a substantial input to the local Aegean and Mediterranean economies, and it seems to be totally unfair that a 4000% difference should exist between ourselves and the Belgians and Italians. Could the announcement today have anything to do with David Cameron's speech this morning?!!  

You have to ask the british goverment about this. After all its not about grabbing money from tourists as far more germans and russians come to turkey than brits. What ever the brits charge turks then turkey will respond likewise.

Offline Julesp

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2010, 08:20:52 AM »
I have lived here on Residency for a number of years and I am not an idiot, I just choose to live by the laws of the country Im in. At least I havent been in a panic over the last few weeks about whether I can stay or not. As to it costing 40 pound a year to live here illegally, it actually costs more than that as you have to pay for a visa trip every ninety days at least, and in the 1st year you have to make the visa trip 5 times as 90 times 4 is only 360 days So 5 visas needed. I also could not be bothered to go in and out of the country every 90 days and I am not filling my passport up with visa stamps!

quote:
Originally posted by turkish delight

Makes idiots of those that have bought residency to live in Turkey if this is true..............legal residents pay nearly £400 a year to live here and doing it though the back door pay £40 a year to live here!!!!!

« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 08:21:58 AM by Julesp »

Offline starman™

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2010, 09:10:26 AM »
instead of comparing 40 pounds to 400. Have you accounted for the travel costs involved in getting the visa renewed. I am not upto date with prices but I am pretty sure the ferry boats charge a little more then nothing for the return journey and then also the travel expense of getting to the ferry.
After paying the bus or petrol fee, any parking, food and drink, ferry ticket, changing money to euros and shopping you do over there then that figure would be close or more tehn 100 pounds and you have to do this 4 times which in the end of the day is all a hassle and run the risk of overstaying your visa, ferry getting cancelled due to bad weather, hangovers in the morning etc etc.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 09:12:47 AM by starmanâ„¢ »

Offline Julesp

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2010, 09:45:06 AM »
My point exactly  Also how many people leave the visa run to exactly the last day? Especially in the wintertime as the boats dont run everyday So actually getting less than 90 days? Ok its still a little cheaper but I couldnt be doing with the hassle every 3 months just to save a few pounds.

quote:
Originally posted by starmanTM

instead of comparing 40 pounds to 400. Have you accounted for the travel costs involved in getting the visa renewed. I am not upto date with prices but I am pretty sure the ferry boats charge a little more then nothing for the return journey and then also the travel expense of getting to the ferry.
After paying the bus or petrol fee, any parking, food and drink, ferry ticket, changing money to euros and shopping you do over there then that figure would be close or more tehn 100 pounds and you have to do this 4 times which in the end of the day is all a hassle and run the risk of overstaying your visa, ferry getting cancelled due to bad weather, hangovers in the morning etc etc.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf