Author Topic: As of July 27th NEW OFFICIAL VISA rules  (Read 9048 times)

Offline farmer

As of July 27th NEW OFFICIAL VISA rules
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2010, 09:06:01 AM »
The Turkish Ministry of Finance is now having to re - budget following the loss of millions of TL income now that the new Visa rules have been withdrawn.
It will no longer benefit from the massive rise in income from the " Visa - hoppers" having to obtain the expensive Residence Permits.

The men at the Ministry have come out with a cunning plan to recoup their losses.

There will be a new Status called the "Exemption From Extra Surcharge"

Those qualifying for this status will be:
1.   Turkish Nationals who carry their ID at all times.
2.   Non - nationals with Residence Permits who carry them at all times.
3.   All genuine tourists who carry their Passports and their official Flight Itineraries at all times.

Not granted this status will be any persons who are unable or unwilling to produce their passports, and any persons whose passports show any evidence of Visa - hopping activity.

Those in the Not-Granted "Exemption From Extra Surcharge" category will be required to pay an extra 2 TL every time they purchase an EFES. This 2TL goes direct to the Government.

The Finance Ministry calculate that after one year of this extra income they will be able to halve the Residence Permit fees and still be quids   (sorry , typo: should read "TL") in.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2010, 09:52:43 AM »
Collectors are now being appointed for for the purpose of bringing in this extra revenue. You will gain a commission on all revenue obtained in your area.......In this position a work permit is not required you must however comply with the above criteria

Offline Julesp

« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2010, 14:26:50 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tribalelder

Collectors are now being appointed for for the purpose of bringing in this extra revenue. You will gain a commission on all revenue obtained in your area.......In this position a work permit is not required you must however comply with the above criteria

:D

Offline farmer

« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2010, 10:44:32 AM »
Thanks Tribalelder.
I had thought that as I would be the main contributor to this extra revenue they might have at least offered me the job of DIRECTOR.-
Drinker In Restaurants. Efes Consumer. Thirst Overriding Reason!

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2010, 19:14:25 PM »
Can someone please tell me regarding the visa situation, has it reverted back to the old way of 90 days or just under you will need to purchase a new visa if the old type one has expired, or if you have the new type in your passport and you have had your 90 days do you need to purchase a new one on arrival. many thanks do want to get a fine or a ban from entering turkey! thanks for any help.

Offline kevin b

« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2010, 19:57:18 PM »
Karen the rules have reverted back to previous rules as the new ones have been postponed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf