Author Topic: Procedure after overstay fine  (Read 1693 times)

Offline Megsy

Procedure after overstay fine
« on: September 02, 2010, 21:31:47 PM »
I returned from Turkey on Monday and was fined (unfairly in my view) for overstaying by 2 days because of the change in the 90/180 day visa system.  I am due to return on the 20th October.  Having looked at the Turkish Embassy and Consulate websites, it seems that I will have to get a visa in advance, which will mean me going down for a personal appointment at the Consulate.  Does anyone know whether this is necessary?  I will be coming back with my 5 year old daughter and my parents (first time visit for them) and I would hate to be refused entry or go through the frightening experience I had on Monday.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Procedure after overstay fine
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 22:35:12 PM »
These are the rules (basic):

Over staying your tourist visa by between 1 and 15 days  - There is no restriction on re-entering Turkey but you will have to pay the appropriate visa fines and you will need to obtain your new visa from a Turkish Consulate.

Over staying your tourist visa by 16 days or more - Not only will you have to pay the fines for over staying but you would also need to leave Turkey and would not be allowed entry for 3 months

Over staying your tourist visa by 3 months  - In addition to the fines the person would have to leave Turkey and would not be allowed entry for 6 months.

For greater periods as above with fines but double the refusal of entry times - 6 months over staying, would not be allowed entry to Turkey for 12 months etc.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf