Author Topic: residency......sorry old topic but interesting  (Read 1787 times)

Offline hoops man

residency......sorry old topic but interesting
« on: September 15, 2010, 21:49:31 PM »
Hi...This topic has been covered but i just came across it and havent been on the  forum for a while.Regarding the residency ,iv just been with a friend who went through Koray Atak and the service was impecable.it was 200 lira service fee each person but HASSLE FREE.Sometimes regardless of cost especially in the summer heat its better for some people to use someone else to do the leg work regarding official documentation.There are quotes flying all over the place and people need to go with a recommendation sometimes and i would highly recomend koray regardless off fee.But also,big surprise!We got our residence back with passports and blue residence book all after one day.....yes...one day....its getting easier alot easier.This used to take 6 to 8 weeks and you had no passport......not all will be given that quick but what progress....im impressed.

Offline posleeds

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 08:31:09 AM »
Does this apply to new applications as well? (I take it yours was a renewal?)
My visa runs out on 30th September-thought I'd left it too late to take up residency this time so was going to do the Meis trip.

Please can you let me have the details of Koray Atak

Offline Dizzy Jan

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 10:24:39 AM »
Just to make you aware I think Hoops man was very lucky. My husband apply for his renewal at the beginning of the month and was told to go back in a month for his passport and book. So does not always work out that way.

Offline posleeds

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 18:09:43 PM »
Thanks Jan
Managed to find the number for Koray Atak - rang & spoke to him.  
Apparently as long as I have my application in before my visa runs out I am ok - I hope this is true??? If that is the case I'm not really bothered how long it takes...though need my passport as ID - it's the only photo ID I have & certainly not keen to let it out of my sight!

If anyone knows otherwise please let me know - thanks

Offline Julesp

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 21:38:11 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by posleeds

Thanks Jan
Managed to find the number for Koray Atak - rang & spoke to him.  
Apparently as long as I have my application in before my visa runs out I am ok - I hope this is true??? If that is the case I'm not really bothered how long it takes...though need my passport as ID - it's the only photo ID I have & certainly not keen to let it out of my sight!

If anyone knows otherwise please let me know - thanks

You can appply for residency upto the day your visa finishes. I recently renewed mine and was also told 4 to 6 weeks which is the norm, I carry with me photocopies of my passport and residency application forms in case ID etc is needed, here that is enough. If you need to go outside Turkey in an emergency you can get your passport back from Mugla and it wont affect your residency application as long as you give it back within 2 weeks so they tell me

Offline hoops man

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 12:08:27 PM »
This was a new residency and yes maybe we were lucky ....all the same very impressive in any country.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf