Author Topic: high interest accounts  (Read 7130 times)

Offline Fettlers

• Warrington, UK
high interest accounts
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2005, 21:41:13 PM »
Could anyone tell us if you need to own a turkish property to open up a bank account?  We are hoping to purchase in the near future but was wondering if we could have a small amount of money beginning to grow out there  thanks Debbie

Offline mibur

high interest accounts
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2005, 23:11:14 PM »
Hi fettlers,
as far as I know you don't need to own a property to open a bank account but what you will need is a tax number, without one the banks can't open an account for you. you have to go to the tax office with your passport and register with them. i went in May while we were over and fortunately for me a Turkish friend came along with me and he knew exactly where to go and we by-passed the long queues and the whole process took less than ten minutes.
From the tax office we went to Garanti bank in Fethiye and the accounts were opened after a little bit more form filling in about 20 minutes.without my friends help we would have been all day in the tax office, never mind actually opening a bank account!

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
high interest accounts
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2005, 23:11:51 PM »
No you do not need to own a property out here, it can make it easier if you can use a friends address though, not that you will get any post. also when you get the tax number they like to have an address  so use the same for both bank account and tax number.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf