Author Topic: Residency stolen - Pay again !!!!  (Read 2316 times)

Offline aliandjus

Residency stolen - Pay again !!!!
« on: October 28, 2010, 08:33:57 AM »
hi just to let you all know, unfortunately we were burgled and they stole my husbands residency, we sought advise and have been informed that we have to pay again for a new one, as we are due to go to england in just over a weeks time. The other option was they will look at the last time his passport had a visa stamp and will fine him from that date which could cost a lot more.
I feel very sore about this as we were robbed and then have to pay for it.
Aparantly, we were told that the government make you pay again to do with the taxes paid on your residency.
I hope this helps other people in this situation.:-\

Offline Firo

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 13:16:09 PM »
Surely there is a computerised record of your residency that can be pulled up. Why not try and talk to the manager of customs polis (take an interpreter)and see if they can pull up your records and go from there.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 13:25:58 PM »
This is the second time this issue has been written about on CBF (although I can't locate the first at the moment). It does sound incredibly insensitive and over bureaucratic, par for the course really.

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 13:45:33 PM »
have you got a record of payment, ie cheque etc.this would then surely prove the point.

Offline marjo

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 14:25:04 PM »
Same thing happened to us 3yrs ago,if you have got a police report it will cost you half the original price.theres no way round this you have to pay:-\:-\

Offline Firo

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 14:25:39 PM »
Just spoke to a friend who was stopped at Dalaman because her renewel didn't show up on the computer so they basically accused her of altering the date and stamping it herself.....Not allowed to fly so she went to the Customs manager in Fethiye with an interpreter and they spoke to Mugla. Mugla admitted they had not updated the computer and did it within 5 mins. She insisted that they give her something in writing saying it was all genuine and that it was Mugla's mistake so they took her to the chief of Polis in Fethiye and he signed a statement in her booklet.
Got a new flight 4 hours later with no problems.
Now she's trying to work out where to claim the lost flight money from.
Moral of story is that there is a computerised record of residence permits but you have to fight your corner.
Good luck

Offline peecee

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 19:58:48 PM »
Good news that Mugla admitted the mistake, chances of getting the flight money back? IMO zilch.

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 06:10:23 AM »
Stolen or lost,as happened to me,you still have to pay for a replacement residency and the book.Not quite the full original cost but certainly about 80%as I remember

Offline janet.gur

• Bolton, UK
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 13:06:53 PM »
would it not be worth while taking a photocopy and keeping it somewhere safe in case this happens. - same with other important documents

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf