Author Topic: Having a baby in Turkey  (Read 1622 times)

Offline caz35

Having a baby in Turkey
« on: November 17, 2010, 17:57:00 PM »
Hi
Has anyone recently had a baby in Fethiye at the Devlet or Esnaf hospitals.  I know they are some past topics on this, but just wanted anything more recent, as wanted an idea of the cost for the birth, as getting different prices!  Also has anyone had an amnio test and was everything OK?  Thanks for any help.  Caz

Offline Dicle

Having a baby in Turkey
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 08:53:25 AM »
Hi Caz, my Birth and care was done at Letoon, I did check the other hospitals but I didn't fancy them much.Every check up cost 50 lira the actual birth cost 2000 lira but this was for a normal birth cesarean was extra.I didn't have the amno test they wanted me to but I didn't want them stuffing needle in near my baby.anything else you want to know email me,I know how you must be feeling.Have you thought of going back to the uk to have baby.

Offline Donna2202

Having a baby in Turkey
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 12:03:06 PM »
I had my baby at Esnaf just over a year ago and couldn't fault them. I had a natural birth which was 750TL, I believe a caesarean is approx 1500TL. If you do go to Esnaf then try and see Dr Murat as he's fantastic. He speaks perfect English which really helps. I didn't have an amnio but a friend of mine did and all went ok. I'd definitely recommend them and wouldn't hesitate in using them again.

Offline Janice1971

Having a baby in Turkey
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 10:42:33 AM »
Am I right in saying that you are not allowed your husband to be at the birth as I know that that was the case for my sister-in-laws!

Offline minimoo

Having a baby in Turkey
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 18:14:25 PM »
If you are in a private hospital, there is no problem with having the baby's father at the birth. Different at the government hospital though. 5 years ago they would not have even allowed me to have my mum with me, hence we opted for Esnaf instead, of couse, the rules may have changed now though.

Offline caz35

Having a baby in Turkey
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 18:20:31 PM »
Thanks everyone for the helpful comments.  I plan to have the baby at the private hospital so my husband can be there, but think he might pass out anyway and miss it all, but at least he will be near (on the floor)!!! I might have a back up birth partner just incase!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf