Author Topic: Garanti Bank Charges - Please be aware  (Read 1541 times)

Offline robarnet

Garanti Bank Charges - Please be aware
« on: November 25, 2010, 19:35:00 PM »
Please be aware : I have moved a sum of money from my GBP account in HSBC Fethiye to my GBP account held in Garanti bank currently in Dalaman.
The transfer could only be completed by SWIFT which I completed via HSBC internet banking. The transfer took three days to complete . I was shocked to find that Garanti Bank have charged me 40GBP for the priveledge of receiving GBP money into my GBP account in their bank.
I queried the charges with Garanti and have been informed that this is a standard charge applied by Garranti Bank at their head Office in Istanbul.

The transfer has been dealt with as though it was a foreign transaction, even thoght this transfer was from cleared GBP funds held in HSBC Turkey directly to an existing GBP account in Garanti Bank in Turkey.

It would have been a lot cheaper to have arranged the collection of cash from HSBC in Fethiye and walked it over to deposit the funds in Garanti Bank, Fethiye.

Needless to say I have now arranged to withdraw all my funds, both Lira and GBP, from Garanti bank and place them elsewhere. You maybe suprised that Garanti Bank do not charge for this?!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Garanti Bank Charges - Please be aware
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 19:52:27 PM »
The amazing one is when you realise you can take the money in cash (for which there is no charge) but when you get there they don't have enough cash for you. Because they didn't have enough cash, they do a transfer - and charge you.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf