Author Topic: 5 year residency for furniture  (Read 1710 times)

Offline ovaciksarah

5 year residency for furniture
« on: January 26, 2011, 08:33:23 AM »
Sorry, don,t know if this is the right section, but has anyone else had problems with their imported furniture from England?  Friends got 3 year residency to import, and have now had a letter from Izmir, telling them their furniture is not permanent until they have had residency for 5 years or they pay a large fine, is this true?

Offline hubblebubble

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 09:03:23 AM »
Under the old rules if the items were on temporary import I believe this was the case. Personally I would dig out the customs receipt and bank statement of what I actually paid (there is usually a large difference) and innocently ask what the difference was for...
With the current focus on corruption on imports theres an outside chance the file might get 'lost'

Offline Angelic

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 14:40:37 PM »
At the time of import with our furnitue we were told after 5 years our bond would be returned, not true we were fined for not renewing.Last year Koray sorted permanent residence for the furniture, it cost quite a lot but we dont have anymore problems (hopefully)

Offline corbindallas

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 16:53:46 PM »
We imported all our furniture from the UK last August and we did not have to pay a deposit, we also did this on a years resident permit. Prior in October 2009 they dropped the furniture deposit system and anyone who previously paid a deposit for their furniture prior to this date can claim it back!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf