Author Topic: Carole and Tayfun let me down, yet again!!!!  (Read 4310 times)

Offline sopcaz

Carole and Tayfun let me down, yet again!!!!
« on: March 01, 2011, 16:01:03 PM »
For the third time Carole and Tayfun have let me down even with
a promise that he wouldnt let me down again. Stupid me for believing him. I went into their shop to book a trip last week to go for our visa yesterday (monday) and i had a phone call at 2.30pm  on Sunday to say that the trip had been cancelled.
The only reason i went with them was that our usual Meis Express
was not sailing on the Friday  because of bad weather and on the Monday they were having an inspection of the boat.  
Tayfun stood in front of me and promised faithfully that he would
not let me down this time.  
I was a fool to believe him once again.
I ended up driving all the way to Kas and went on the trusted
Selo's boat.  
I will never ever book with Carole and Tayfun even if it was
free.  
I dont imagine for one minute that i am the only person they
have let down.
Meis Express will take you even if there are only a couple of
you and they will pick you up in a car instead of a bus.
Meis Express only for me from now on.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 16:56:00 PM »
I have never booked anything with them. My only experience of them was that in the early days of CBF I wrote about boat trips and suggested C&T's (I chose them because they were one of the very few had a website you could link to - AKA a free advert from me to them). About a year later I got an email from them which can only be described as nasty and threatening, demanding that the link to their website be removed immediately as they did not want to be associated with a website that is clearly just "a front for an estate agency". I am sure the removal of that link would have cost them thousands over the years, but hey, who's counting.

Not nice people, I thought at the time. I still do.

Offline marina

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 17:18:27 PM »
Thanks for posting this.  I've only had one experience with C & T. Usually when we come to Calis in May it's my husband's birthday, so last year I decided to do something a bit different and book the Sunset Cruise through their website for 15th May, and of course paid for it up front.

Only a couple of days before we left for the holiday I got an email to say that this cruise would not be running as it was too early in the season but yet they'd taken the booking and my money.

Cutting a longish story short I did get my money back in cash when we went to see them in Fethiye harbour.  But it was a bit disappointing really.  Why did they take the booking for that day if they had no intention of running it.  Also, what would have happened if the email had arrived after we'd left for Calis?

Have had a few emails from them over last few weeks with details of their excursions this season and was considering booking, assuming that my experience last year was a one off.  But thanks to you now I won't bother, we'll wait and book when we get there with someone a bit more reliable.  

Thanks CBF!!   :)

Offline thebillet

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 08:33:38 AM »
We stood by their boats and booked a day trip on their smaller boat; this followed us being bumped off a smaller boat on to a rammed mega boat by another boat owner. They stood there and insisted it would be on the smaller boat. We turned up the next day and guess what, we were booked on to the huge boat they have. However the trip turned out I don't want to deal with a company that isn't honest.

Offline Bim

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 12:40:10 PM »
Ive heard good reveiws via Tripadvisor... guess I wont be booking any trips this year.. any recomendations pls PM if just in case its not allowed.. many thanks..

Offline hubblebubble

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 13:22:31 PM »
yes i have been let down by them on visa runs too.

Offline col

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 15:20:35 PM »
I have used Carole & Tayfun a few times and have never had any problems. Many of the owners where I am will use nobody else and have nothing but praise for them. Like so many companies and services etc, there will always be times when people are let down.

Offline CAROL BROWNE

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 19:56:37 PM »
we use veli who is by the river taxis.
lovely food great company.we've been going with
him he's wife maria & son alis for 6 years now
can't fault them

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 08:53:22 AM »
Steer clear.   Sadly, I too recommended them in the past - but in the latter years have been let down dreadfully by them.  one big treat that we like each holiday is a gulet charter for a day.  Sadly our usual chap had sold his boat and we had to look around at the last minute for an alternative.  Carole and Tayfun (well, I understand it is now tayfun....as carole concentrates on the wedding business) were able to provide a boat for a reasonable price.  So we booked and were assured that it would be a very special day, first class service blur blurb blurb.  When we turned up, it was clear that the boat hadn't been out of harbour for quite some time.  The captain was late, and was a rude surly bugger, who absolutely ruined the day.  He constantly shouted and berated the deck hand, and didn't even acknowledge our existence.  the food was pretty dire.  We motored half an hour out, moored up and that was it....despite Mr Pookie asking the captain to move on, we were told, 'problems'.....Eventually we persuaded him to move on and we went further out into the bay.....only for the engine to splutter and die.   We then had to sit for hours, in the heat, bobbing around for another (huge) C&T boat to come out and tow us back in !!! a dreadful day.  Mr Tayfun made himself scarce and was never around to complain to.  The lady in the office just made excuses and promised to get him to call...promised a refund.  Well the refund never materialsed but we were promised another day out on our next trip.  Which of course we didn't accept.      My Mother then visited the following spring and independently arranged to do a trip with them.  I seem to remember it was the Market trip.  When she booked she was told they would get her back to uzumlu.....well, the trip finished at 2.00 and My 75 year old mother was 'dumped' on Calis beach and told to wait for the transfer driver to take her back to uzumlu.  two hours later, in the blistering heat, she was still waiting.  No drinks, no shade and no communication.   We will never ever use them again.  they are only interested in taking your money.  grrrrrr  
NOw, if you are serious about a private charter and want something special......The lady Christina is your answer.  Absolutely fantastic service and a day you will never forget.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 15:07:04 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by col

I have used Carole & Tayfun a few times and have never had any problems. Many of the owners where I am will use nobody else and have nothing but praise for them. Like so many companies and services etc, there will always be times when people are let down.

think you,ll find the percentage is very high on people who have been let down, i personally would,nt touch them.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf