Author Topic: Change in law concerning health care in Britain.  (Read 1837 times)

Offline Old Daffodil

Change in law concerning health care in Britain.
« on: March 19, 2011, 07:39:38 AM »
Read today that the law is going to allow six months out of the country instead of three for Britains going abroad before they are disqualified from free treatment.
Anyone with an unpaid NHS bill over a thousand pounds who has not paid for their treatment will not be allowed back into the country though.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 07:44:07 AM by Daffodil »

Offline BM06

Offline Old Daffodil

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 09:14:36 AM »
I agree with the move to have non EU citizens having health care insurance before being given a visa.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 10:17:41 AM »
Sounds good to me but I will believe it when I see it.

Offline BM06

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 10:18:59 AM »
Agrre 100% I was a volunteer ambulance driver (taking patients to appointments who were unable to travel under there own steam)to hospitals mainly in London, the times they were shuffled to the back of the que was unreal, until one day I had enough, I would not allow the so called ''private NHS patients'' turn up and jump the que, I was told by a nurse that most if not all never paid and left the country after traetment, this was back in the early 80s, so successive governments have let the uk PAYING public down for a very long time, disgusting way to treat our own people.:-\:(

Offline posleeds

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 10:59:18 AM »
Why don't the UK adopt the same "pay up front" principles as in the State hospitals in Turkey?  
Make an appointment - go and pay - if you don't the Doctor sends you out to pay.
Need some tests - issued with the test request forms - go and pay or you won't get your results.
Need admitting - go and pay.
All monitored through the computer system.
The onus is on the patient...not as in the UK(sue society)- where millions are wasted in administration costs chasing patients, results, etc..
The Turkish system is much simpler - it's your life - take responsibility for it & don't expect an underfunded/overworked/exploited system to cushion you.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf