Author Topic: Residency costs reduced  (Read 17658 times)

Offline saoirse

Residency costs reduced
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 15:24:03 PM »
lol true Scunner

I know of some who against their gut instinct opted for Irish pports when it was cheaper for a res permit-maybe they will revert back!!!!

Offline BM06

Residency costs reduced
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 22:28:32 PM »

Offline Julesp

Residency costs reduced
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 23:08:22 PM »
Well I personally wouldnt believe any of this until ive seen it in force with my own eyes, or at least after the next election.
Lets hope that if they reduce the residency that they dont move the goalposts too far re how much income and assets you have to have to obtain residency, bearing in mind many people here are living on a Uk basic pension.
It seems to me, being very cynical about Turkey, if this comes in it will be closely followed by the 90 out of 180 day tourist visa law, then the compulsary health insurance.

Offline Diverbaz 1

Residency costs reduced
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2011, 05:48:04 AM »

Jules, if the 90/180 day visa comes in it will not really matter, as if you are staying a month longer it will cost $25 for a months residency (and if longer another $5/month), a LOT cheaper than before.

Offline Firo

Residency costs reduced
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2011, 07:24:19 AM »
Jules it will therefore be much easier and affordable for everyone living here to take out residency so therefore the 90/180 visa should not be a problem for most residents.
If UHI comes into force then at least we will be getting something for our money but I still believe it should not be compulsary.
As you say let's just wait and see what actually happens....

Offline starman™

Residency costs reduced
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2011, 07:50:14 AM »
Confirmed. My good friend is at the emniyet as we speak and he just paid 95 lira for a residence permit (based on a work permit) till December this year which equates to 120 Lira per year for a residence permit. This is NO april fools joke.

Offline peecee

Residency costs reduced
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2011, 08:54:34 AM »
Fantastic news.

Offline farmer

Residency costs reduced
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2011, 09:21:04 AM »
I am delighted to hear this news.
It just may explain why, when I tried to book a Fethiye / Rhodes Visa Trip for next week through Yesil Dalayan they told me there was no service until May. The reasons I was given were lack of customers and maintenance work on the ferry. I guess if the reported new resdency rates are correct and they are in force now there will be quite a number of very unhappy "Visa Hop" ferry owners, not to mention Bar owners in Meis.

Just one question for Starman I hope he can enlighten me!
I do not understand the significance of the phrase " based on a work permit " which he used in his last post.
Does it make any difference when applying for a Residence Permit whether one has a work permit or not?
Ta,
Farmer

Offline starman™

Residency costs reduced
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2011, 10:16:42 AM »
With a work permit you do not have to show proof of funds or a tapu. Residence permits are given for different reasons. To work is one but the ones most people get here are classed as long term touristic residence permits or based on marriage to a Turk but the fees are the same for either.

Offline fethiyeflo

Residency costs reduced
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2011, 11:35:01 AM »
i done my residency last week due to pick up today am gutted do you think they will give me my money back !!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf