Author Topic: Resident visa help  (Read 1931 times)

Offline stevebir

« on: April 22, 2011, 16:41:55 PM »
Can anyone help me, In November I paid for a an insurance agent in Fethiye to register my motorbike and also get my residency permit.
He finally got the bike registered but by then my 3 months visa ran out on about the 24th Feb.They said no problem.
A couple of weeks ago after lots of phone calls to them my english interpriter said they spoke to the passport police and they said its ok, then when the application went in the chief said its now too late,they now its was not my fault for it being late.
Today they tell me that I will have to leave here for three months before I can come back.....this is crazy,I am going to see passport police on Monday with the interpriter to plead with them.
I paid and signed with the agent at the notor office, how can he get away with this and I have to leave Turkey.
Anyone know what I can do ?
Steve

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Resident visa help
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 16:58:31 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by stevebir

Can anyone help me, In November I paid for a an insurance agent in Fethiye to register my motorbike and also get my residency permit.
He finally got the bike registered but by then my 3 months visa ran out on about the 24th Feb.They said no problem.
A couple of weeks ago after lots of phone calls to them my english interpriter said they spoke to the passport police and they said its ok, then when the application went in the chief said its now too late,they now its was not my fault for it being late.
Today they tell me that I will have to leave here for three months before I can come back.....this is crazy,I am going to see passport police on Monday with the interpriter to plead with them.
I paid and signed with the agent at the notor office, how can he get away with this and I have to leave Turkey.
Anyone know what I can do ?
Steve

as far as i know the 90/180 days doesnt start until the autumn if even then as it hasnt been confirmed yet by talks between governments, not sure though.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Resident visa help
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 18:14:51 PM »
The issue here is that the 90 days have been exceeded and Steve is technically an illegal alien and that is how I read it. The visa actually ran out 2 months ago. It is my understanding that if it is a couple of days you get fined. The penalty for a 2 month overstay could easily be that you have to leave for 3 months before you can return.

The best advice I can give you is to see a lawyer and see if they can do anything for you.At least you have some documentation to show that you did make arrangements to obtain residency and that the agent has been negligent. I am sure the response you will get from the police is that it is your responsibility to ensure you have a valid visa.

Good luck, I hope it works out right for you.

Offline Old Daffodil

Resident visa help
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 18:16:42 PM »
Maybe the British Embassy will advise you what to do.On their site the number is 0312 455 3344. I don't know how you would dial this in Turkey, that may be the number as it is out there. FAX is 212 315 6401.
Sehit Ersan Caddesi 46/A Cankaya. Good luck. Maybe they will be lenient.

The British Consulate in Istanbul is telephone number 212 334 6400 and the FAX is 212 315 6401.
The Consulate in Fethiye is an honorary office.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 19:15:53 PM by Daffodil »

Offline LeeGlo

Resident visa help
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 18:46:28 PM »
I would go to see the British Consul in Fethiye, explain the situation, take all your documentation and see if they can assist you with the passport police. Assuming you are British of course.

Offline kizkucuk

Resident visa help
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 20:14:58 PM »
If you overstay a few days there is a fine - for over a month they make you leave the country and you are banned from re-entering for 3 months.  You could try the Consul but the Passport Police are pretty unmovable on overstays whatever the reason.  As far as I know you will have to go to the Embassy in London once your ban is up to get a visa in advance but that may have changed.  Good Luck.

Offline lissa

Resident visa help
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 22:01:26 PM »
I think you will find it is your responsibility to ensure your visa is up to date and correct. This is usual in most of the world.
Who said no problem? The agent? Cannot think the passport police would say this.
What did you sign and pay for at the notary, surely the english interpreter told you what was happening?
Good luck.

Offline corbindallas

Resident visa help
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 07:47:03 AM »
Hope you get this sorted, so as not to need to leave the country for 3 months. Will you please name the agent at fault so we can ensure others don't fall in the same trap of rewarding poor broken service promises!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf