Author Topic: Villa Name Sign  (Read 1899 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Villa Name Sign
« on: May 05, 2011, 09:06:40 AM »
Trying to find someone who does Villa Name signs, ideally in brass (40x20cm) (on black) or something nice in plastic.  Suggestions and directions appreciated, as I can then send Mrs Tickets out on a shopping trip with her mother tomorrow, as I supervise the water in the pool, ensuring that none is attempting to escape. ;)

Picture of feirce guard dog living here is not required, as I seem to do the job wonderfully just by looking at people .. apprently:D

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Villa Name Sign
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 09:16:24 AM »
There is a place does them on the road to Fethiye from Gunlukbasi on the right hand side, also most of the places advertising Reklam do them in brass etc
Mark

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Villa Name Sign
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 09:28:35 AM »
How about 'FAR CORFE'

Offline usedbustickets

Villa Name Sign
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 09:50:29 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerman

How about 'FAR CORFE'

No I'm not looking for an actual name for the villa - already got one Dun Psyin - but if I hadn't, then your suggestion Tinx would go right to the top of the list.  Then again I need to first run it past my lawyers - Norfolk and Goode - in case of copyright issues.:D

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Villa Name Sign
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 09:58:07 AM »
Norfolk n Chance will help you, The house name of Far Corfe belongs to Luther Blisset in Corfe Mullen in Dorset, he named it that after a run in with the local council over some planning application was turned down:D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Villa Name Sign
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 10:29:28 AM »
We were directed to a blacksmith's shop on the Gunlukbasi road right hand side near a garage and he made us a sign.  As it's metal we can paint it and make it look fresh every couple of years. So very little maintenance.   Trouble with brass is, unless you laquer it, it tarnishes very easily.   Mrs Usedbustickets will have a regular job cleaning it.

Offline buddy

Villa Name Sign
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 10:31:55 AM »
There is a house in Carlisle who have a big sign above the door named 'Fir Q Hall'

Offline usedbustickets

Villa Name Sign
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 13:05:43 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

We were directed to a blacksmith's shop on the Gunlukbasi road right hand side near a garage and he made us a sign.  As it's metal we can paint it and make it look fresh every couple of years. So very little maintenance.   Trouble with brass is, unless you laquer it, it tarnishes very easily.   Mrs Usedbustickets will have a regular job cleaning it.

Jacqui the Present Mrs Tickets values your advice on the cleaning, and is now considering all options.

Offline bee

• Droylsden, Manchester, UK
Villa Name Sign
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 13:42:40 PM »
we got ours off the internet, designed it and we could see the end result on the website, delivered in 3 days

Offline Jim Fraser

Villa Name Sign
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 21:23:44 PM »
theres a sign shop located across the main road from KIPA supermarket and about 50 metres towards the otogar.
Might be the same one Mark mentioned.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf