Author Topic: Working in calis, work permit and so on!  (Read 2083 times)

Offline Lauryn

Working in calis, work permit and so on!
« on: May 07, 2011, 00:34:31 AM »
Hi, Im moving to Calis in August from the UK, Living with my friend thats lived in Turkey two years.. Im thinking about getting a work permit but i dont know how to go on about it or how much it costs ect!
I really want to be able to work out in Turkey when i go and am willing to do pretty much anything!
Im currently a travel agent in the uk and work in a bar doing promotional work ect! if you know of anyone that is looking for a young girl whos outgoing funny and hardworking or have any info in working in Turk contact me  :)

:D 8) :-\
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 11:23:11 AM by Anne »

Offline sunnyd

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 00:45:43 AM »
First of all... Welcome to the forum! a fountain of knowledge!

You mentioned that you want to work here in Turkey, and that you want to get a work permit.. You didn't mention what kind of work you were looking for.. but just to say that if it is hotel, bar, restaurant work or such like then it's very doubtful that you will get a work permit.
Work permits are issued initially for people that will fulfill an employment position that a Turkish citizen cannot fulfill.

http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=112

Offline Lauryn

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 09:52:56 AM »
Hi Honey, so what would you recomend.. im looking for anything really i just need to get a job haha.
i love Calis with a passion and i cannot wait to live out here  :) x

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 10:10:10 AM »
Welcome to the forum Lauryn. Many of the tour operators are always looking for transfer reps and they will sort out a work permit for the season. Some will pay for the resident permit you will also need others expect you to sort it out for yourself.

There are also online telephone jobs selling flights and holidays - commission based.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 14:32:05 PM »
Seems like some good ideas from nichola there Lauryn. I didnt think you could work but it looks like I was wrong. If your friend has lived in Calis he/she must have work? Can you find work with them perhaps?

Offline posleeds

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 15:45:20 PM »
If you have room you could always register at English & More, an English College in Fethiye as a "Host Family" - the students expect bed, breakfast & evening meal providing.  You won't get rich but it is quite rewarding & challenging at times - a legal way of earning a little money without a work permit - the college sort it out & pay all taxes for you.

Offline Lauryn

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 19:45:27 PM »
thankyou to everyone.. but think transfer rep looks like the best!!  :) THANKYOU XX

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 17:45:51 PM »
Hi Lauryn you should contact the Tour Operators UK offices - some of them now require you to sort out your work permit in the UK before you come.  The season has already started but there may still be some vacancies.  Try Thomson and Thomas Cook.

Offline col

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 18:47:24 PM »

Try www.careerintravel.co.uk

It is an up to date site with some tour companies with vacancies and a useful site in general. Good luck

quote:
Originally posted by Lauryn

thankyou to everyone.. but think transfer rep looks like the best!!  :) THANKYOU XX

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf