Author Topic: residency - bank account  (Read 1793 times)

Offline tasha10

residency - bank account
« on: May 07, 2011, 20:10:04 PM »
hey, am going for my residency on tuesday, when we went to the passport police office before i showed them a copy of my bank statement from my english account and he said i needed a photocopy of the bank card aswell, which i presumed to be the plastic.
anyway iv now been told by people that you must have a turkish account to be able to do the residency as they use the serial number :/ i do have a turkish account but its empty at the moment. therefore i do have a tax number which im thinking is what this person means is the serial number...
does anyone know if you HAVE to have you money in a Turkish bank account to be able to do residency? its still my money and i still have access to it!

Offline Firo

residency - bank account
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 21:51:55 PM »
Just done my residency (friday) and I gave them photocopies of an UK bank statement and pension slip and that was all.He checked everything and said all ok.
I did not give any info on Turkish bank accounts and was not asked for them.
I would not give anyone a photo copy of a bank card especially if both sides had to be photocopied as that leaves it wide open to fraud.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
residency - bank account
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 14:23:41 PM »
I was talking to a lady in the bank this morning who was telling me she has to leave her passport with them for at least three weeks whist re-newing her residency, is this the case now?

Offline simpsons

residency - bank account
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 15:11:28 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerman

I was talking to a lady in the bank this morning who was telling me she has to leave her passport with them for at least three weeks whist re-newing her residency, is this the case now?

Do you mean the Passport Police Tinks? If so, they have always taken your passport, and give it back when you get your residency.

Offline Firo

residency - bank account
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 16:42:06 PM »
That's right Tinks....the length of time they keep it depends on how busy they are so at the moment, because lots of people are applying, it's a 3 week wait.

Offline tasha10

residency - bank account
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 18:48:58 PM »
Hey I did mine today, you need to keep a photocopy of your passport and they can stamp it for you if you ask. I was told 3 week wait today. .

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
residency - bank account
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 07:43:11 AM »
Aferin Natasha. Anne x

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf