Author Topic: Dragonara Restaurant  (Read 3267 times)

Offline Tiff

Dragonara Restaurant
« on: May 31, 2011, 12:34:09 PM »
I went with my husband and a group of friends to the Dragonara Chinese Restaurant in Hisaronu, for the first time recently after living here for 5 years.Many people had told me that it was the best Chinese food in the area and I would just like to say that they were RIGHT. The food was top notch and we sampled several different dishes including the crispy duck .The food was far better than any of the chinese food I have previously had elsewhere here.Not that I have come here to eat Chinese food you understand , its just that living here all the time you sometimes have a yen ( ! ) for something  a bit different, and can settle for the Turkish idea of Chinese food which comes rather short of the original . Well done to the Dragonara,you 2 more fans!!!

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Dragonara Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 13:13:39 PM »
absolutely love the Dragonara......consistently lovely food and a great front of house team.  [^]

Offline Harmless

Dragonara Restaurant
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 18:02:10 PM »
I love it too, the food is really good and the staff and owner are really welcoming

Offline slartibartfast

Dragonara Restaurant
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 19:12:05 PM »
Another vote from us too.  We had never tried it until last year and we were really impressed .. and have been every time we have been back !

Why people didn't tell us how much better it was than the other Chinese restaurants are I don't know !

I think we were told it was expensive but they do a number of set price menus and we think they are reasonable .. especially for the quality of the food.   They aren't the biggest portions (on the fixed price meals at least) but I'd rather have a sensible amount of really good food than a big pile of ...."not so goo food" :-)

Offline scouser2

Dragonara Restaurant
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 09:11:06 AM »
We took my daughter there last year. They were quite busy and asked us to sit at the bar.We noticed that people were coming in and being seated, so after 30 mins we asked if they had forgotten about us.The manager appeared a bit flustered and told us that the people being seated after we arrived had reserved a table. Whilst sat at the bar the manager asked us if we would like to order our food and that when a table became available our food would be served immediately. We reluctantly agreed to do this. we were eventually seated and our food arrived COLD! For about 5 mins we attempted to get the waiters attention to tell him about the cold food. My wife ended up getting out of her seat and nabbing the manager.The food was sent back into the kitchen, to return after being microwaved....not very good as it was sweet and sour balls!! Very little apology was offered and we left the restaurant feeling cheated. Will never go to Draganara again.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 09:12:26 AM by scouser2 »

Offline mavigoz

Dragonara Restaurant
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 10:27:58 AM »
Yes, this really is the real deal. Proper food and a superb setting.
If you want REAL chinese food, this is the onyl one to go to.

Offline Sharonc

Dragonara Restaurant
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 13:18:50 PM »
We go every single year, and have done for a number of years.  The food is always perfect, love the setting and the staff are second to none.  Can't wait to go back again!

Offline Jack13

Dragonara Restaurant
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 15:02:10 PM »
we went with a company of ten last week. absolutely loved every minute. service second to none. my friend from scotland said it was the best chinese meal ever. congrats draganaro hope to see u sometime next week

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Dragonara Restaurant
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 15:11:55 PM »
I went there first in 2004 I think, and was highly impressed to see that the drinks menu had JD for just 5 lira. That was cheaper than Calis. Well it would have been if the 5 next to it had meant 5 lira - I soon found out it meant five quid!!!. That aside, over the years I've been there regularly and it is without doubt in my opinion the best Chinese in the whole Fethiye area by a country kilometre.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf